I'm Baaaack

Wyshiepoo

Veteran
Local time
12:39 AM
I'm not a new member but am (hopefully) a returning member.
I don't really know how I stopped posting. I do know I lost my cooking mojo for a while. I just seemed to go a couple of days without posting which became a week then a month...

I haven't actually stopped cooking, we do need to eat! But I've been cooking pre prepared shop bought stuff, jars and packets. I've cooked very little from scratch.

Still working although I'm past retirement age which could be part of the problem as I find I get tired far more easily now, 04:30 starts agree with me less and less these days. I'm looking at fully retiring in about 18 months time.

I've been healthy since my last operation which was just over a year ago, December 2021 feel really good, fit and healthy.

We've started Hello Fresh and I'm hoping it reawakens my interest in cooking again.

We've bought a motorhome (RV) and have had a couple of trips away and attended nearly all the local rallies. I'll update in the hobbies thread if I get time. We bought our Moho (Bertha) just over a year ago which might be another reason why I stopped posting, I just went moho crazy for a while :D

Welcome back :D

We've started Hello Fresh and I'm hoping it reawakens my interest in cooking again.
We tend to do Hello Fresh for while (when we have a discount code for it) and then go back to cooking for ourselves. I find it a great way to get yourself out of a rut and find some new ideas/inspiration. Also most of the HF recipes are pretty easy to recreate yourself if you decide you like them :okay:

We've bought a motorhome (RV) and have had a couple of trips away and attended nearly all the local rallies. I'll update in the hobbies thread if I get time. We bought our Moho (Bertha) just over a year ago which might be another reason why I stopped posting, I just went moho crazy for a while :D
Hahahaha I know exactly what you mean....I tend to split my online time between here and a MH forum. Some times I spend more time here, other times more over there....it just depends on what's going on. We've just changed our MH and we collected the new one at the weekend so I'm much more in MH mode than cooking mode right now.

Welcome back! I'm semi-retired myself. I can't fully retire for another four years, as long as the conservatives don't take control and privatize medicare. I watch a few "van-life" YouTube channels, and daydream about a "stealth" motorhome to travel around the US in. I'll probably never do it, but it is fun to imagine.

CD

Last edited:
Hello!

We also started HelloFresh, I broke my ankle a while back and it’s been taking much longer than I anticipated to fully heal. My husband likes HelloFresh because he doesn’t have to think much about what to cook, just picks out of a list. He also likes not having to worry about forgetting an ingredient at the store, and he loves just reaching into the fridge, grabbing a bag, and making the recipe.

As mentioned above, it’s a really good way to get yourself out of a cooking rut.

Back
Top Bottom