I'm Watching What I Eat (2022)

Windigo

Retired cook
Local time
3:57 PM
I have no idea if it’ll be a worldwide change or just US, but reading the comments on their forum, people are saying it’s essentially the Blue program from the old Blue/Green/Purple days a couple of years ago.

She has until Dec 11th to voluntarily switch over - after that, it’s mandated.
I was on purple back then, blue never worked for me. Meh. WW here has no announcements so I hope this won't happen. It would render the program useless for me.

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
9:57 AM
I was on purple back then, blue never worked for me. Meh. WW here has no announcements so I hope this won't happen. It would render the program useless for me.
I told MrsT to just put up with it for a year, because judging from their past record, it’ll change again soon enough. :laugh:

Windigo

Retired cook
Local time
I told MrsT to just put up with it for a year, because judging from their past record, it’ll change again soon enough. :laugh:
I have no choice due to my contract, I paid for a year. But I am continuing with my current RD if they switch. Because I know it doesn't work from experience.

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
9:57 AM
I have no choice due to my contract, I paid for a year. But I am continuing with my current RD if they switch. Because I know it doesn't work from experience.
That’s what a lot of people are doing - they’re tracking previously-zero point foods as corn, which is a current zero point food.

Windigo

Retired cook
Local time
That’s what a lot of people are doing - they’re tracking previously-zero point foods as corn, which is a current zero point food.
I'm not sure what you're responding to out of my post?

The zero points were exactly what was working for me, tracking them is exactly what doesn't work for me. The blue program used to be a low carb high protein diet, the purple a high carb low fat diet. The latter works for me, the former not. My zeropoints now are healthy carbs, I don't want to track those at all as there's no need as I've already lost weight fine this way.
Tracking carbs/the way my eating disorder works = nono. But it's fine, I've got an RD for help instead.
I just hope Europe doesn't implement this new system, for now they seem not to.

Windigo

Retired cook
Local time
I lost 4 lbs of what I gained back after hospital so I'm at -21 kg still. Seeing my RD today.
Honestly it's been hard to focus on good nutrition alone, knowing I might have surgery in the near future makes me concerned about gaining weight because surgeons always want me to lose weight. I'll discuss that with her and see what I can do to balance counteracting malnourishment while not gaining weight.

Windigo

Retired cook
Local time
Weighed myself for the RD, am at 105 kg now so - 22 kg / 48 lbs. I'll get to 50 lbs soon.

The RD agreed with me that staying stable is the best I can do right now, and she said it is possible to recover this way. I just need to pay attention to eating more protein.

Top Bottom