Ina Garten

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:16 PM
I've been watching her lately and enjoying her guests.
Yesterday it was marcus samuelson a chef in new York. From his humble beginnings in Ethiopia and Switzerland then usa.
Amazing guy who lives in Harlem with his family.
His life is truly amazing. Watch it if you get a chance.

Russ

I've been watching her lately and enjoying her guests.
Yesterday it was marcus samuelson a chef in new York. From his humble beginnings in Ethiopia and Switzerland then usa.
Amazing guy who lives in Harlem with his family.
His life is truly amazing. Watch it if you get a chance.

Russ

Marcus Samuelson has been around for several years, I believe he has two restaurants in Harlem. I like his style.

CD

Marcus seems to be a pretty nice guy in real life.

Ina not so much since she refused to fulfill a Make A Wish child's request twice until it went viral and she got a lot of negative publicity. I will say though that we have made a lot of her recipes and like them.

I have a love/hate relationship with her. Her recipes are good, and her manner is soothing, which I like, especially as so many celebrity “chefs” feel like they have to scream and rush around to get their point across.

However…she comes across as so smug, especially at the end of her show, where all her perfectly attired and coiffed friends stop by, and it all seems so detached from everyday life, at least mine anyway.

People have always given Martha Stewart a lot of crap about pushing unreasonable expectations and a certain elite lifestyle, and my response is, “Have you watched The Barefoot Contessa? Martha’s got nothing on her!”

People have always given Martha Stewart a lot of crap about pushing unreasonable expectations and a certain elite lifestyle, and my response is, “Have you watched The Barefoot Contessa? Martha’s got nothing on her!”

Martha has a whole new thing going on now that she is besties with Snoop Dogg. 😎 :laugh:

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 10.02.29 AM.jpg

Notice the brownies. :wink:

CD

Her recipes are good, and her manner is soothing, which I like, especially as so many celebrity “chefs” feel like they have to scream and rush around to get their point across.

However…she comes across as so smug, especially at the end of her show, where all her perfectly attired and coiffed friends stop by, and it all seems so detached from everyday life, at least mine anyway.

I totally agree. Her TV programmes are amongst the few American TV shows I can tolerate. She is calm and doesn't shout or behave frenetically. The shooting/editing style is also calm and considered and she is very clear and straightforward when describing recipes.

Marcus seems to be a pretty nice guy in real life.

Ina not so much since she refused to fulfill a Make A Wish child's request twice until it went viral and she got a lot of negative publicity. I will say though that we have made a lot of her recipes and like them.

That has blown me away. She certainly portrays herself differently to that.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom