Including more vegetables in your diet

LissaC

Legendary Member
Local time
8:57 PM
[Mod.Edit: This post and following few posts moved to form a new topic (MG)]

I guess that I'm very lucky in this regard.

I hate sprouts!
Well I don't think I love them but I'm trying to include more vegetables in my diet :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I don't think I love them but I'm trying to include more vegetables in my diet :)
I like putting some butter, bacon, and garlic in a pan and letting the bacon render down, then adding the Brussels sprouts and searing them on the outside. Fresh you cook on lower heat and covered for part of the time but frozen you just cook until heated inside so they are less mushy.
I guess that I'm very lucky in this regard.

I hate sprouts!
You hate bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, etc. too or just Brussels sprouts?

I like putting some butter, bacon, and garlic in a pan and letting the bacon render down, then adding the Brussels sprouts and searing them on the outside.

I love bean sprouts, most that I've had. Alfalfa sprouts I've never had.

I love bean sprouts, most that I've had. Alfalfa sprouts I've never had.
Alfalfa sprouts are great raw on sandwiches and in salads. So are radish sprouts. I like bean sprouts lightly cooked but not raw.

I like putting some butter, bacon, and garlic in a pan and letting the bacon render down, then adding the Brussels sprouts and searing them on the outside. Fresh you cook on lower heat and covered for part of the time but frozen you just cook until heated inside so they are less mushy.

I don't like bacon...and adding the butter beats the purpose of staying healthy.

I don't like bean sprouts. Alfafa sprouts are unheard of here I think. And I don't hate brussel sprouts, just don't enjoy them as much as other foods.

I don't like bacon...and adding the butter beats the purpose of staying healthy.

I don't like bean sprouts. Alfafa sprouts are unheard of here I think. And I don't hate brussel sprouts, just don't enjoy them as much as other foods.
I understand the concept of trying to stay healthy. I think moderation is key and that's just what works for me, I don't slather butter on, just a little bit. Brussels sprouts are packed with nutrients so a little butter is a small price to pay for me to get more vitamins naturally in my diet. I was just saying how I prefer to cook them personally. Probably a good thing you don't like bacon though... :laugh:

I don't really know. I don't remember ever eating canned bamboo shoots.
You aren't missing much, lol. I don't mind canned water chestnuts, but never had fresh so I'd probably adore them.

Mods probably could take all this off-topic stuff and start a new thread? Edited to add thanks mods for the new thread!

Last edited:
You aren't missing much, lol. I don't mind canned water chestnuts, but never had fresh so I'd probably adore them.

Mids probably could take all this off-topic stuff and start a new thread?

Yes. Good one.

"What vegetables do you include in your Chop Suey"?

I love the chop suey that I cook (as above) but unfortunately the ingredients cannot be bought in small quantities here and most don't keep well. And however much that I enjoy it, after six days it gets a bit boring.

Yes. Good one.

"What vegetables do you include in your Chop Suey"?
I don't make chop suey! I'd give it a whirl though sometime. I usually just do stir fry veges and meat with fried rice, pretty limited with my wok experience.

Back
Top Bottom