Indian cooking webstite

drpiggledy

Veteran
Local time
8:06 PM
If anyone is looking for a great resource on Indian cooking, can I recommend Mamta's Kitchen.

The website is maintained by an Indian lady living in the UK, and has a great many authentic Indian recipes, many even with photo tutorials. She often explains why dishes are done in certain ways, rather than just giving the recipe.

The search is excellent as well, if you're looking for anything specific.

She also frequents the forum, and will usually reply to questions about Indian cookery on short notice.

Since discovering this one a few years back, it's really become my primary resource whenever I feel like Indian food.

Oh sweet! I love Indian food, but it is very intimidating to cook, since many of the ingredients are unfamiliar and I'm not super used to cooking with spices.

I'll definitely check it out! Her cooking is very old-school and homecooked at that, very different from the generic commercial stuff you get at the many "Indian" restaurants in London, Birmingham and other big cities in the UK. I also noticed that many UK "Indian" restaurants are actually run by Bangladeshis!

Back
Top Bottom