pinkcherrychef

Local time
9:16 AM
This recipe I learned years ago when I still lived in America. I was obsessed with knowing all the plants that were edible and used for medicinal properties in my state. The book I read had a recipe similar to this and it said the name was Indian Lemonade and it was made from fresh sumac berries not the dry powder. We'll be using the powder sumac instead. I don't have the original recipe but I do have my version of it.
4032886577_6504a94890.jpg

This photo is from Google: here.

Time: Let's say 10 mins tops most likely take less then that but just in case lets say 10
Servings:2
2 cups of steaming hot water
2tsps of honey
2tsps of sugar
2 wedges of lemon
2tsp of sumac(you can add a little more if you want a stronger taste of sumac)

Directions:
1. Put your 2 cups of water in a pot and let it get boiling hot. Once it starts to boil let it boil for about a minute then turn it off and let it sit for about 2 minutes.
2. Get 2 mugs and put 1 tsp of sugar and sumac in each cup (you can add more if you like all according to your taste).
3. Next want you to carefully take the hot steaming water and pour it into each of the mugs.
4. Now I want you to give both mugs a good stir. Then I want you to let them sit for about 3 minutes then I want you to add 1 tsp of honey to each mug( again add more if you want)
5. Take a lemon wedge and squeeze one into each mug.
6. Now you have two options which is drink it cold or hot. This is all up to you and what you like. If you want it hot then drink it hot if you want it cold then by-golly drink it cold.
7. Enjoy :okay::cheers:
P.s. If you want to add more sugar,honey,sumac like I said in the recipe go right ahead it's all according to your taste. I hope you guys like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom