Ingredients You Are Curious To Taste

Jade

Veteran
Local time
4:02 PM
I watch a good amount of food shows and videos, and it is a bit frustrating whenever I see an ingredient that I think I'd like but are just not available here for me to at least find out what they taste like. Particularly, I'm very curious what truffle tastes like as it looks very appealing to me.

Also on my wishlist is Enokitake mushrooms from Japan (pictured below), and lastly, Sriracha sauce, which I trust should be easier to find or get shipped, at least. Hopefully, soon, I can get to travel to the places that offer these so I can finally satisfy my curiosity.

How about you, which ingredients are you curious to taste?

EnokitakeJapaneseMushroom.jpg

They sell them in most of the supermarkets in the UK (at least the ones I go into). Not a huge amount of flavour but OK for something different. Only get them if they are on offer or reduced, much prefer to pick my own wild ones in Autumn.

I would love to try some of South River Miso Company's Chickpea Miso but I think shipping from the US would be way too expensive.

is.jpg

I would like to try Tamarind Paste as well as crushed Achiote Seeds (aka annatto seeds). I know that annatto seed is in Goya seasoning, but that stuff is loaded with MSG so I would like to try it by itself as a spice to see what it tastes like instead. Also, I saw Tamarind paste used in a few recipes, including a BBQ sauce, which sounded rather interesting.

I'm not a fan of Sriracha Sauce personally, although I know it is pretty popular in the US. There is something rather bitter and and unpleasant acid taste to it that I don't care for. It's not like Franks Red Hot or Tobasco, imo, at all. I've heard others describe it as sweet and tangy, but it never tastes that way to me when I try it.

I don't really have anything specific that I would love to try, but I would never say no to a new meat (as long as it's proper meat, not organs or anything like that) since I'm sure there are a lot of delicious animals around that I haven't tasted yet! :p

Also always looking forward to trying new hotsauces. Tabasco is alright but I prefer trying other ones and seeing how I like them. Current favourite: harissa.

I would love to taste traditional Mexican chipotle hot sauce. I`m a huge fan of spicy foods and always on the lookout for new spicy things to add to my recipes. While I could buy tabasco or other popular hot sauces, I think they don`t really compare to something home made and traditional.

Back
Top Bottom