Insect bites

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
9:44 AM
Over the past couple of weeks there appears to be a lot of people being badly bitten, my husband, 2 work colleagues, a young girl I walked past on my way home-her legs were covered in bites, quite a few people on facebook have posted about them. I don't remember it being this bad before.
Anyone else noticed this?
I am bite-free, clearly not tasty enough :headshake:

I sat outside one evening in Peabody at a friend's house Myself & her eldest son who is 9 years old were bitten by mosquitos most of the evening!! He & I were scratching all night!! I will never sit outside there again at night!!!! :mad::headshake::stop:

Last edited:
We get wee midges here, almost impossible to see, I don't hang around at dusk In the summer. I hate the lil @&$&@&$&s

The west coast (3hrs away) are known for sand flies. They bite like hell. Repellant is necessary. I've spent a lot of time over there. I stopped down a backroad many years ago as I was busting for a leak. I got bitten while doing it. Man it was uncomfortable for hours. Scratching.lol.

Russ

The Everglades mosquitoes are always present day or night. The Seminoles puff on cigars to fend them off. In the Keys, at about sunset, the no-see-ums are out in force.

Every window and every door is on fly screens. We get the no seen ums out in massive numbers once it starts to go dark. It is so difficult with us living with the doors and windows open all the time. Our new place was really bad this last summer. Hopefully the chickens will have had some effect on then this summer...

Back
Top Bottom