Instagram Foodies

LadyBelle

Veteran
Local time
7:02 PM
what do you think about Instagram? Do you use it? Who do you follow?

I absolutely love it! My own account is a picture diary of my life which I like having. I’m not so impressed with all the changes over the last year or two; or the adverts but I still probably use it more than anything else.

I follow lots of food related accounts, lots of Rome/Italy accounts and love seeing all the (faux) wonderful lives everyone lives.

I particularly like Nigella Lawson, Nigel Slater and Sabrina Ghayour. I follow a few bloggers who are local ish based as it gives me the heads up on some places to eat.
Love a few travel accounts too. Who doesn’t want a 5 minute escape to somewhere exotic between meetings when life is hectic?

I'm not sure what I think. I do use it a bit but not very regularly. I prefer something like this forum where there is opportunity for more 'in depth' discussion about topics and a chance to get to know people. But perhaps I should try to use it more often. I probably haven't given it a fair chance.

I've arrived very late at the 'social media' party - so I probably missed the best bits. Bad timing always has been one of my specialities.

I thought Instagram was just a 'free' way of exchanging photos & videos. Is it more than that? is it a real information exchange?

Yes, I'm on Instagram, don't post as much on it as I used too. I follow some colleagues, personal friends, online friends, Kenwood, Brewhouse and Kitchen, a few bands, Girlschool, Veruca Salt etc. Also on Twitter but rarely tweet, Facebook. I'm also on a couple of modeling sites (plastic models), home brewing and two sites called Untappd and Beer Advocate both beer appreciation and logging sites.
If anyone wants to follow me on Instagram let me know.

I use it but only follow friends and family as with facebook otherwise it gets cluttered with rubbish so I like to keep it tidy. @LadyBelle do you mind me asking which travel accounts? I am always on the lookout for holiday ideas.

I don't use any social media. There are plenty of people who regret their use of face book these days.

I use facebook to keep in touch with family and friends who are scattered around the country, also use it to follow bands and comedians because they post info regarding new releases and tour dates so we get the heads up :happy:

I won't accept friend requests from strangers, it is just an ego trip for a lot of people to brag about all their 'friends' I refuse to be a part of that.

I use it but only follow friends and family as with facebook otherwise it gets cluttered with rubbish so I like to keep it tidy. @LadyBelle do you mind me asking which travel accounts? I am always on the lookout for holiday ideas.
@browsingitaly
@rome.world
@natgeo
@carryontraveller
@hamdluggageonly
Are a few of me travel favs @Lullabelle

@Wandering Bob i don’t think it’s much of a meaningful exchange - just nice pictures; and a bit of escapism. That of course could just be because of who I follow.

@browsingitaly
@rome.world
@natgeo
@carryontraveller
@hamdluggageonly
Are a few of me travel favs @Lullabelle

@Wandering Bob i don’t think it’s much of a meaningful exchange - just nice pictures; and a bit of escapism. That of course could just be because of who I follow.

Thank you, I will take a look at these later :happy:

By the way, I used to publish my cooking dishes for my friends, but now I decided to increase my audience. Of course, I don't expect to be as popular as Gordon Ramsay or Jamie Oliver, but I do hope to be known in small circles in my city. But I know that Instagram can give me a worldwide reputation among cooking enthusiasts. I recently read about how to buy real Instagram likes and I hope that this will make my posts visible and I will get what I need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom