Recipe Irish coffee

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
6:11 AM
The best Irish Coffee we ever had was at an Irish pub in Stresa, Italy, up in the local area. We had climbed the hill/mountain to eat dinner at a tiny little place a very nice and friendly merchant had recommended to us earlier in the day while we were shopping in her store for food goodies, including some very nice olive oil and 75 year old balsamic. The meal was FANTASTIC by the way. Best fried calamari we've ever had. We still talk about it over 20 years later. On our way back down to our hotel, we decided to stop in the pub for a night cap. Very friendly people. The proprietors were a native of Stresa and his Irish wife. She used a combo of brown and white sugar, filled the mugs about half full of Bushmill's Irish Whisky, topped off with strong coffee and then whipped cream. We stayed for several, then walked them off back down the hill/mountain and along the shoreline of the lake back to our hotel.

Not an exact recipe as it depends on the size of your mug/glass.

Equal amounts of white granulated sugar and light brown sugar to your taste. I use about 1-1/2 tsp of each for Craig for a 6 ounce Irish coffee mug and about 2 tsp each for me since I like it sweeter.

Bushmill's Irish Whisky - I fill the glass to about half full after the sugar has already gone in.

Hot strong coffee - Fill to about 3/8 inch from top. I use a dark French roast and use about 1/8 more extra coffee than I would for plain coffee.

Top with whipped cream and serve.

Back
Top Bottom