Is anyone else finding the site being slow?

caseydog

Local time
7:22 PM
Pages are taking a VERY long time to load for me today, but just on this website. Some stall completely, so I have to reload them. Anyone else?

CD

I've been off and on all morning and I haven't noticed anything, but my internet connection is painfully slow anyway, so maybe I wouldn't.

I did get unceremoniously logged off a few minutes ago, though.

caseydog - do you routinely delete cookies and cached content from your browser?
old cookies trying to look up content that has been moved, etc. can put your machine on its knees....

every weekend I clean out the cookies a cache (FireFox....)

It is back to normal this evening. Not sure what the problem was. Perhaps just another glitch in the Matrix.

There is no spoon.

CD

I think ask of these problems are why we have been asked to find CB a new home.

I frequently get problems at my end. Pages don't load, avatars don't fill themselves in, forget pictures they frequently don't happen.

On the new server, our speed may or may not improve. It will really depends on how much we pay for. I'm still trying to find a good deal. I'm hoping we will be on with what I find but tbh, I have no way of knowing.

Certain times of day will be worse than others. I'm not certain what time the backup kicks off on the CycleChat server but that does impact speed considerably and higher resolution, large pixel images and the more of them per page is always going to slow loading down.

When the UK is normally asleep, and by which I mean after midnight and after the backup ends, will be the fastest time for accessing the server because it is hosted in the UK, something I'm looking at continuing with.

I think ask of these problems are why we have been asked to find CB a new home.

I frequently get problems at my end. Pages don't load, avatars don't fill themselves in, forget pictures they frequently don't happen.

On the new server, our speed may or may not improve. It will really depends on how much we pay for. I'm still trying to find a good deal. I'm hoping we will be on with what I find but tbh, I have no way of knowing.

Certain times of day will be worse than others. I'm not certain what time the backup kicks off on the CycleChat server but that does impact speed considerably and higher resolution, large pixel images and the more of them per page is always going to slow loading down.

When the UK is normally asleep, and by which I mean after midnight and after the backup ends, will be the fastest time for accessing the server because it is hosted in the UK, something I'm looking at continuing with.

I normally have pretty fast page loading on CB. That is why I posted -- the SLOW speeds were so outside the normal. I do still have some issues with photos not wanting to load, but even that is not a regular issue.

All-in-all, I'm happy with the performance of the website. I only post in the Tech forum when something is out of normal.

CD

The only issue I very occasionally get is pictures not quite loading (already reported). Apart from that, its always like lightening so I tend to think its not a server problem unless somehow being in the UK makes a difference. I don't have any problems with any other sites either.

The only issue I very occasionally get is pictures not quite loading (already reported).

Yes, the is the problem I sometimes have.

Internet providers throttle back speeds so they can charge higher prices for higher speeds. Still, download speeds are pretty good. They really dial back on upload speeds, which is something a business like mine needs. That way, they can quadruple the price for a "business" package.

CD

Back
Top Bottom