Is there an upside to Covid19? What have we learned?

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
6:31 AM
This pandemic will end sooner or later.
What then?
I limit myself to 1 hours worth of local news morning and evening . More than that is TMI. Too much doom and gloom.
What have we learned? What can we as nations do differently? With all of the tragedy there must be a light at the end of the tunnel.
What I hope to see is "made in America" the norm instead of the exception. I think our president is on the right track by lowering corporate taxes. I hope that is enough. Running out of basic medical supplies and equipment because they are made elsewhere is inexcusable.
My admiration goes to Ford Motors for gearing up and producing ventilators.
Hopefully there will be a long lived appreciation for our first responders and medical personnel.
I hope to see citizens of all nations finding a respect and appreciation for their fellow citizens .
I hope citizens of all nations demand accountability from their government.
It is a quandary . I despise our president as a person. I would NEVER invite him to dinner . On the other hand, in addition to making stupid statements, he has done good things for the nation .
I can not consider any of the Democratic candidates without throwing up on my favorite pair of shoes. DANGER. Too bad elections are in November. Not enough time for a knight in shining armor to appear.
Our system is twisted. Only the wealthy can run for office. There is an untapped pool of true leadership drowned by wealth.
What positive things do you want to see?

Just today we hit 1.000.000 cases in my metropolitan area alone.
Govt bureaucracy is slowing down and confusing vaccination administering.
California is second to last in the nation in distributing and administering the vaccinations.
Appalling
Worse than my sentence structure, story comprehension, and proper punctuation.

I have also learned that some people so strongly resent being told what to do, that they will steadfastly object to being told or instructed to do something, even if it will save their lives and the lives of others. And I have learned that to confront them about their not adhering to a common sense requirement is dangerous as they can get vicious and retaliatory with regard to any attempt to force them to do something.

Once the pandemic is over... it will go to history books to be discussed, and the world will go on as usual. A pandemic will not change how humans think. :)

Sad but true.
And I'll tell you more, I've seen the most blatant selfishness and expediency during pandemic...but there is hope, so much worse still to come..

True. People will look in to ways of making money from the pandemic, not how to help others.
Yep. My bank sent out an email yesterday describing some of the scams that are going around about the vaccine. I guess scammers are claiming they can get someone higher on the priority list while others are claiming to have the vaccine to sell. Unconsciable.

Yep. My bank sent out an email yesterday describing some of the scams that are going around about the vaccine. I guess scammers are claiming they can get someone higher on the priority list while others are claiming to have the vaccine to sell. Unconsciable.
I've seen so many abominable acts during disasters. Immediately after the Tsunami in 2004, there were people, mainly drug addicts, who would shout "tusnami tsunami" in the dead of the night, and loot the houses of people who were running for their lives.
I saw one guy who ran away with a severed hand after a bomb blast. Corpses were strewn around in the debris and the police and responders were swooping in, and he had no time to remove the gold rings in the hand and he decided to take it away in whole.
During the first few months of Coronavirus face masks had a huge demand and stocks ran out overnight. Sellers hid them and started selling them at exorbitant prices. A surgical mask which cost 12 LKR was sold for 120 LKR when the pandemic hit hard.
During a train bomb blast there was a guy who refused to transport the injured because his seats would get blood stains. I just reminded him that his veins too has same red blood, and told him to go away.
There are numerous scammers who collect "donations" for flood/ landslide victims relief when such happens.
There is always a business path, good or bad, when a disaster lands anywhere. During the pandemic the billionaires have added 901 Billion dollars to their coffers. And if you check out the Gap official website they have a main menu item now for "Masks."

Back
Top Bottom