Is your partner a critic?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:43 AM
My wife is the minute I take a pic with my phone.
We touched on it earlier but I thought I could vent.
So I take my phone our to take a pic of my new electric knife.
This is what I got when she saw me.
What are you doing? Are you putting that on the net?? What a loser. I switch off when she says that.
Anyone else experience this??

Russ

No, not at all. When we’re out, MrsT takes more pics than I do, and she usually takes her own pics of what we eat at home and posts it on FB.

You’re a guy with a good wit and an easy nature, so don’t let her negativity get you down. Just come back with a quick remark, like, “Yeah, I’m posting my new knife on the internet. I figured everyone would want to see the murder weapon,” and give her a little wink. She’ll be laughing along with you in no time.

You want to post pics, post pics. We know we’re the cool kids, even if the critics don’t.

No, not at all. When we’re out, MrsT takes more pics than I do, and she usually takes her own pics of what we eat at home and posts it on FB.

You’re a guy with a good wit and an easy nature, so don’t let her negativity get you down. Just come back with a quick remark, like, “Yeah, I’m posting my new knife on the internet. I figured everyone would want to see the murder weapon,” and give her a little wink. She’ll be laughing along with you in no time.

You want to post pics, post pics. We know we’re the cool kids, even if the critics don’t.
I'll try that approach lol. :)

Russ

What are you doing? Are you putting that on the net?? What a loser. I switch off when she says that.

Russ
It's pretty rude of her to do that. I'm sorry to hear it. I occasionally get flak for taking photos of my food. Sometines I joke that at least I'm not taking photos of my body to post, lol.

Russ
That's got to be tough.

I just get the resigned look from my hubby wrt to photos, so things like the spice shelf or a new appliance/utensil thst I've bought will leave to photo to when he's at work. If I've prepared something I want to take a better photo of, I'll do that before he's home (then wash said dish, dry it and put it away so he doesn't know). But I also know that he appreciates that I care enough to photo a new knife/present he's bought for me, so I'll make sure he sees me photo-ing and putting that online.

Russ
I would have said I am taking a pic to show my friends..You wouldn't understand because you don't have any,...then, I would have gotten the hell out of there quick..

Actually, she is quite social..I'm the guy with two friends from high school and one of them is dead and the other lives in Australia.

Mine isn't a critic, but she's not always supportive of me faffing around with the camera and our food. When I tried to make youtube videos, her eye-roll spoke volumes and she'd often say "I'll see you in a few hours" and complain about cold food by the time I let her eat. She was right, of course, but I didn't want to say it at the time.

Since giving up on video, I might snap a photo with my cellphone here and there, but I serve her plate first and take my time styling my own plate for the photo.

I'm so sorry rascal I too feel that your wife's remarks are uncalled for, rude and hurtful.
My husband knows how passionate I am about food and everything that goes along with that yummy plate that I just placed in front of him. He cares more about that I sit down at the table with him and we have our meal together.
I might have a honest discussion with her about her remarks.
And I agree with TastyReuben ... WE ARE THE COOL KIDS!!!

Last edited:
I'm so sorry rascal I too feel that your wife's remarks are uncalled for, rude and hurtful.
My husband knows how passionate I am about food and everything that goes along with that yummy plate that I just placed in front of him. He cares more about is that sit down at the table with him and we have our meal together.
I might have a honest discussion with her about her remarks.
And I agree with TastyReuben ... WE ARE THE COOL KIDS!!!

Honestly it takes a lot to anger me, I'm cool and laid back. The only person I listen to is my doctor. Her names heather, and shes good. :) :)

Russ

She will tell me if she doesn’t like something. But she will tell me why she doesn’t like it. And offers suggestions for the next time I make the meal.

Back
Top Bottom