Recipe Ischia Rabbit.

Saranak

Local time
4:49 AM
Hi everyone,

This is not one of mine or my family recipes however, if you like Rabbit then you have to try this! It is a beautiful recipe by Andrea Migliaccio who was born on the island of Ischia just off the coast of Naples. He now runs the L’Olivo at the Capri Palace Hotel & Spa, he has two Michelin stars! My husband took me there on our 40th anniversary during a visit home last year and this is to literally die for. Andrea recommends that it is served with potatoes and seasonal vegetables.

Recipe & photo from Italian Rabbit Stew Recipe - Great Italian Chefs

You will need -
Method -
  1. Joint the rabbits into pieces: the shoulders, ribs, loins and hind legs. Season all of the pieces with salt and pepper and lightly dust with a little flour.
  2. Sauté the rabbit pieces all over in a frying pan over a high heat with a little olive oil. When golden-brown, set the rabbit to one side and discard the oil from the pan.
  3. Pour in some more extra virgin olive oil and add the garlic, shallots and chilli. Cook for a few minutes until the shallots are golden.
  4. Place the pieces of rabbit in the pan again and deglaze with the white wine. After about 5 minutes, add the tomatoes and the vegetable stock.
  5. Leave to cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
  6. Add the herbs and continue to cook over high heat until you obtain a thick sauce, for about another 30 minutes.
  7. Garnish with basil leaves and sprigs of rosemary and serve.

I make this regularly and it brings back so many memories yes, it is technically restaurant food however, you can have Michelin star quality food on your table and it holds true to the traditions of Campania. Simple, but fresh and beautiful ingredients.

Grazie a tutti

Italian Rabbit Stew Recipe - Great Italian Chefs

Sarana x

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom