Italian advice please

i can giggle but prefer tried and true recipes. I do my own tomato pasta sauce and fettucine pasta but I would like to expand my knowledge.

Russ

Do you want to expand your knowledge about pasta sauces or is there any particular category you are interested in? If I can help you, I'll do willingly.

Meatballs for a starter?? Lol.

Russ

The classic ones with minced meat, but without tomato sauce (at least this is my advice talking about a starter)

- Ricotta and Tuna fish balls

The vegetable ones are just perfect for a starter (no tomato sauce) :
- cauliflowers
- carrots/courgettes (yes, together)
- rocket salad
- broad beans

- A fancy meatball is the one with ricotta and Pecorino (or Parmesan)

If you want to avoid frying them, you can also bake them.

When I think of meatballs in the Italian sense, I think of Italian-American. @MypinchofItaly , have you ever used Nduja in a meatball mix?

'Nduja in a meatball mix? Yes.
Not often and not too many (not everyone likes spicy, even if n'duja is it moderately like this)
I sometimes like to put a dash of 'Nduja in the tomato sauce..oh, buonissima.

'Nduja in a meatball mix? Yes.
Not often and not too many (not everyone likes spicy, even if n'duja is it moderately like this)
I sometimes like to put a dash of 'Nduja in the tomato sauce..oh, buonissima.

What ratio of nduja to the other meat(s) in the recipe? I was thinking it would replace red pepper flakes in the meatballs.

What ratio of nduja to the other meat(s) in the recipe? I was thinking it would replace red pepper flakes in the meatballs.

Considering meatballs for 4 people and then about 500 g of minced meat (roughly), I usually add a tablespoon of 'Nduja (or even a tablespoon and a half sometimes)

The classic ones with minced meat, but without tomato sauce (at least this is my advice talking about a starter)

- Ricotta and Tuna fish balls

The vegetable ones are just perfect for a starter (no tomato sauce) :
- cauliflowers
- carrots/courgettes (yes, together)
- rocket salad
- broad beans

- A fancy meatball is the one with ricotta and Pecorino (or Parmesan)

If you want to avoid frying them, you can also bake them.

Hate meatballs. My mother was a horrible cook and that is one of the few things she made. I am going to try making some next time I make spaghetti that I may like.

Back
Top Bottom