It's hot, hot, hot

Local time
6:56 AM
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. No one has to tell me that twice but it seems some like to play with 'fire' and feel the burn. Who of you are prepared to endure the torture as depicted in the video below?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbG2RuQsAO4

How much chilli is too much chilli for you?

Last edited:
Well I have seen competitions with people eating hotdogs and other foodstuff to see who could eat the most or finish the first. I never enjoyed watching these kind of competitions. But a competition with peppers is taking this type of thing to a whole new level. I watched the first part of the video and figured I had seen enough. Why torture oneself like that? Obviously it could have a negative effect on one's stomach as well as one's nasal passages. Not my 'cup of tea.'

Yep not for me, much as I love spicy and hot food, I don't see the point of competitions like this.
Also when I'm ill, I frequently can't have spicy food at all because it sets me off coughing nonstop until I either throw up or sneeze. I prefer the latter, but epithet way it upsets my asthma badly, so like now I can eat anything spicy at all :cry:

I like hot and spicy things, but there is a limit I remember the first time I had Thai food, my mouth was on fire. I was putting sugar packets in my mouth like crazy.I was also drinking water to try to eliminate the burn, I think I have heard since then though, that milk is the best thing for hot and spicy foods like that. I have had similar mind blowingly hot experiences with Indian food.

I figured it was milk they had to have on hand but did not research it. I am hoping there was a great prize at the end of the 'ordeal'. @kgord, sugar is an interesting approach I think. I have only done the water and hand fanning on the rare occasion when I have gone over board with pepper.

Back
Top Bottom