Recipe Jalapeno popper dip

ally79

Veteran
Local time
5:38 AM
This is a dip recipe that I ran across this week. I love jalapeno poppers, but sometimes I don't have the time to make them so this is a nice alternative.

8 jalapeños, halved and seeded
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 8-ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
¼ teaspoon chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup Panko (or your favorite breadcrumbs)
Preheat a broiler or grill to medium-high.

Toss the jalapeño halves with the olive oil and roast under the broiler or char on the grill until softened and blackened, about 3 minutes per side.

Turn the oven to 400ºF. Let the peppers cool enough to handle them, then chop them up.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, half of the cheddar, the chopped roasted peppers, and all spices. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with the remaining shredded cheese and Panko.

Bake the dip until golden brown and bubbly, 15-18 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips or cut vegetables…or both! Serves 6-8.

This sounds fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! It sounds amazing! I am very anxious to try it! :) I'm thinking this may be a good recipe for me to try this weekend. I'm just a little nervous of the hottness...but totally worth trying! Thanks again!

Great! Wish I had this recipe for Super Bowl Sunday. I am making a recipe folder and will be sure to add this to my "dip" section. Thanks! I wonder what type of chips or crackers this would taste great with.

Sounds great. Seems to be a lot easier to make than jalapeno poppers and the taste will obviously be very close... and you can use nachos with this one!
Will definitely try it at some point.

This sounds like a great idea.

I tried making those bacon wrapped oven baked poppers you often see mentioned in magazines and online, but the problem I had with those is the bacon often doesn't cook evenly before the rest of the ingredients are over cooked. In addition the bacon itself will shrink, squeezing out the filling all over the tray.

This sounds like it would be much easier to make and eat.

This sounds like it would be much easier to make and eat.
Precisely what I enjoyed about this repice. It's seems to be so much easier to make than regular jalapeno poppers!

I'll be trying my own version of this in Monday, I'll let you know how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom