January challenge log

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
2:43 AM
After a few discussions regarding my January challenge, just thought I would start up a new thread.

OK, so I have challenged myself to walk for 100 miles in January, I am recording all walks on strava on my phone. For me this is more achievable than counting steps.

Today is day 1: 3.34 miles.

Anyone else setting a challenge, please join in and log your progress.

I don't have things like specific challenges listed, but when it rolls over to the new year, all the incentives my health insurance pays money into my health savings account reset to zero and I can start those again.

A major one is daily walking, through step counting. If I walk 5,000 steps, I get a couple of bucks dumped into my account, if I walk 7,000 steps, a bit more, and it maxes out at 10,000 steps, for the most money.

It takes them a few days to get everything zero'd out and set up for 2022, but once they do, I participate in that. I earned $800 last year, through walking, getting my vaccines and flu shot, and other healthy behaviors.

Today, I walked from my car in a parking lot, into a grocery store, where I pushed a shopping cart around, and picked up several items to put into that cart. I carried those items back to my car in a large tote bag without the use of a cart.

Hey, it was a couple degrees above freezing outside with an annoying North wind. I should get double points for that.

CD

Today, I walked from my car in a parking lot, into a grocery store, where I pushed a shopping cart around, and picked up several items to put into that cart. I carried those items back to my car in a large tote bag without the use of a cart.

Hey, it was a couple degrees above freezing outside with an annoying North wind. I should get double points for that.

CD
I just watched my husband do 100 pushups :laugh:

On a serious note, this is very inspiring to me. Maybe now that I have dropped some weight I need to think about tightening up. I'll come back here again for more inspiration.

I don't have things like specific challenges listed, but when it rolls over to the new year, all the incentives my health insurance pays money into my health savings account reset to zero and I can start those again.

A major one is daily walking, through step counting. If I walk 5,000 steps, I get a couple of bucks dumped into my account, if I walk 7,000 steps, a bit more, and it maxes out at 10,000 steps, for the most money.

It takes them a few days to get everything zero'd out and set up for 2022, but once they do, I participate in that. I earned $800 last year, through walking, getting my vaccines and flu shot, and other healthy behaviors.
How do they track your steps, via an app?

CD
Triple points if in a beater and shorts.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom