Recipe Japanese Dairy Free Milk Pudding

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
12:46 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
So not having been able to find the ingredients I needed for the milk pudding I had planned to do, I thought I might search out another recipe and low and behold I also can't locate all of the ingredients for it either! But I rather like the looks and simplicity of this traditionally dairy free dessert. So I'll add it here with the hope that rummaging through various boxes will locate it later today. As always I will make the recipe and photo and review it later on (probably next week when hubby is away). The recipe comes from here (https://www.japancentre.com/en/recipes/613-brown-sugar-soy-milk-pudding). I'll add any revisions to it at a later stage.

(serves 2)

Ingredients
500ml unsweetened soy milk
30g kuzu/kudzu flour (alternatively use tapioca, arrowroot or cornflour)
20g brown sugar
80g granulated sugar or treacle
80ml water
1 tsp lemon juice

Method
  1. Mix the soya milk and the flour together in a bowl, then strain through a fine sieve or nut milk bag if you have one available. Strain it directly into a saucepan.
  2. Have your serving bowls/glasses to hand, and over a low heat stir the mixture constantly until it starts to thicken. It will take roughly 10 minutes or so. Continue to stir the mixture for a couple more minutes to ensure that the starch is thoroughly cooked before pouring the mixture into your serving glasses.
  3. In a clean pan, add the brown sugar, granulated sugar/treacle and water to a pan and warm over a low heat. Stir slowly for about 10 minutes, making sure the mixture doesn’t burn, until it becomes sticky and turns a deep caramel colour.
  4. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Serve over your soya milk puddings.

Back
Top Bottom