(B) a pinch of salt

For the cookie
100g of flour
30g of butter
2 Tablespoon of caster sugar or frozen snow sugar
1/2 of egg
a pinch of vanilla-oil or lemon oil if you like

To make the cookie dough

1. Place butter in a bowl (room temperature)
2. Add the sugar, mixing well until it becomes smooth (whitish color).
3. Add half of the beaten egg, mix well, add the remaining egg and mix again.
4. Shift the flour in a bowl and mix it with spatula.
5. Place the dough on a plastic film. Make into a cylinder shape and place in a fridge for about 30 minutes.

To make the bread dough
  1. Place all the (A)s in a cup for 10 minutes.
  2. Place bread flour, egg, milk powder in a bowl and add, mix well. Add all the (B)s in a same bowl and mix it until it they combine together.
  3. Place the dough on a big plate, kneading and stretching until the dough becomes smooth, coherent and pliable. (The dough is sticky at first but it’s become stiff)
  4. When you have a nice smooth dough ball, put into a ball, cover with plastic film and let rise for about 30 minutes. (The best temperature is about 40 degree C)
  5. Take out the dough, pinch down, and divide into 4 pieces with scraper. Roll each piece into a ball, let it rest for 10 minutes under a damp kitchen towel.
  6. Take out the cookie dough and flatten out each piece into a thin round with plastic film.
  7. Place the bread dough in the center and turn it upside down.
  8. Cover the bread dough with the cookie dough.
  9. Cover with wet cloth and leave in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
  10. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Bake for 10 minutes(to make the cookie dough crispy), then at 160 degree C for a further 12 minutes after that.

http://japanese-cooking-class-tokyo...-pan-recipe-how-to-make-japanese-melon-bread/

I've tried to correct as many spelling mistakes as possible, but I may have missed one or two

Melon bread? This one here looks a little tricky and did I miss the melon? This is an interesting combination of recipes if I understand it correctly.

Back
Top Bottom