Jazzing up your Leftovers.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
12:46 PM
Jazzing up your Leftovers.

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, what did you do with the holiday feast's leftovers?

Were you creative in the kitchen by turning ordinary leftovers into something extraordinary?

I visited my nephew, his wife & kids in Grovetown, Georgia for Thanksgiving! Lots of food leftover, and instead of creating something new with it, we all just ate up the leftovers until all of it was gone! Probably the only thing left was the turkey frame!!

Also, a huge ton of deserts were made, and it also was my grand niece's birthday on that day! The kids gobbled up all the stuff, making short work of it!! A good time was had by all!! My nephew's wife's friend & her sister & HER husband were there, also. as we just ate to our hearts content!! It was a very good time, and no one had to cook anything - at least not until all the leftovers were gone!!

My 10-year-old grand nephew:
Day-Day enjoying ice cream..jpg

cooked a meal twice earlier last week, and I had him make some Magic Cookie Bars for us. He did it very good and delish!!! He loves them, and I was so happy to see him at work in the kitchen, doing what he likes to do best!! He didn't get to be a big healthy boy for nothing!! He loves to cook and eat!!!

He got kind of mad & heartbroken though when it came time to clean up, but I helped him get through it with ease!! It would've been too much for him to try to do alone!

Loved it, and looking forward to doing it again!! Hah!!
smile.png

Funny you mention this because I just saw a cooking show episode on recreating leftovers the other day! The chef took some left over vegetables, stuffing, cut up turkey, and other foods and sauteed them all together in a frying pan. He then made some eggs and put the mixture over the eggs. It really looked delicious, and what a good way to get rid of leftovers. We tend to do what you family does most of the time and that is just to eat through all of the leftovers until they are gone.

Back
Top Bottom