Recipe Jono's Green Crack Sauce

ThatDude

Quo Fata Ferunt
Local time
9:03 AM
Website
jonobrands.com
Pardon the name, it's what a couple buddies call it and I made a batch for a party that's happening Wednesday, so thought I'd share with you all as well.

Super bright, clean and summery it is a really nice, versatile sauce that can be thinned for a great salad dress as well. Goes great with everything I've tried it on...normally accompanies my breakfast omelet, BLT's, braised short rib grilled cheeses/tacos, and fish tacos.

What I use:
•3 bunches Coriander/Cilantro, well washed, drained and spun dry. Then coarsely chopped.
•3 bunches Green Onions, trimmed root end and use almost all of the onions from whites to tips.
•1/2 oz - 1oz of Chives. . .this varies on their strength, you do what suits you.
• *NOT PICTURED* Flesh from one good sized Jalapeno, or your pepper of choice. Habenero works well too if you want some fire and fruitiness. Add seeds for more heat.
•3/4 cup - 1 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice. This will lube up all the greenery when it's in the blender. I'd start with about 1/2 cup and adjust UP to your desired tartness.
•1/2 cup Agave Nectar or honey of choice. I like the Agave as it's a bit more neutral. You may need more, you may use less, it all depends how tart you want your lemons to stay.
•1/2 cup oil of choice
•3/4 cup Mayo
•Diced Avocado, size dependent and all up to you. Gives a great creaminess and smooths things out nicely. Ours like like crap, not a good supply on hand.
•S&P to taste
1.jpg

Get all your stuff together, and ready to blitz. It comes together quickly one the prep is done.

20210709_174210.jpg

Into the blender! It looks like a lot, but it'll blend down. Greens in and then the lemon juice, pulse until it starts coming down a bit.

20210709_174101.jpg
20210709_174025.jpg

Now start drizzling in the oil, sweetener of choice then stop to add in your mayo and avo. Blend on high until nice and smooth.

20210709_174006.jpg

Season with S&P to taste and bottle how you see fit. It really is better the next day, so if you can make it a day ahead, wonderful. If not, it'll still be nice, just make sure to get it good and cold to help it set up a bit.

20210709_173944.jpg

Back
Top Bottom