Juice extractor

mjd

Veteran
Local time
6:13 AM
Hi everybody!

Does anybody have a juice extractor that they LOVE! I have purchased five juice extractors in the past few months and returned them all. I hope I'm not being too picky.

Features I would like:
Small footprint (I live in an apartment)
Relatively quiet (don't want to wake all the neighbors)
Large mouth (easy prep)
Up to $150 (USD)

Thanks in advance!

Just one more thing to place somewhere. I can get good cheap juice from the shops. I see they use them a lot on cooking shows here though. Good luck.

Russ

Reactions: mjd
Just one more thing to place somewhere. I can get good cheap juice from the shops. I see they use them a lot on cooking shows here though. Good luck.

Russ

Good point. My problem is that I no longer have a vehicle so a quick trip to the shops aren't possible as I rely on friends for rides. Plus, I would use a juicer regularly so it would pay for itself and be in a short rotation with my air fryer and Crock-pot. Shh, don't tell my Crock-pot that my new favorite small appliance is my air fryer. LOL

Good point. My problem is that I no longer have a vehicle so a quick trip to the shops aren't possible as I rely on friends for rides. Plus, I would use a juicer regularly so it would pay for itself and be in a short rotation with my air fryer and Crock-pot. Shh, don't tell my Crock-pot that my new favorite small appliance is my air fryer. LOL

Yeah I See what you mean. I love tomato juice and pineapple juice. Hope you find one that suits you.

Russ

Yeah I See what you mean. I love tomato juice and pineapple juice. Hope you find one that suits you.

Russ

I love fruits and veggies, but I've never made tomato or pineapple juice in my juice extractor. Maybe I'll give that a try when I find one I like! Thanks again!

I used to have a juice extractor, but then someone pointed out to me that I was extracting the most nutritious elements and discarding them, whilst concentrating the not so healthy sugar content. I switched to a Nutribullet - basically a high power blender. It comes with different sized cups which you fit to the blender head, so you blend in the cup you use, saving on washing up. It's great for healthy breakfast drinks (celery, spinach, ginger, apple etc.) but would be rubbish at extracting juice from citrus fruits!

Steam juice extractors are brilliant
1602050080541.png

I used to have a juice extractor, but then someone pointed out to me that I was extracting the most nutritious elements and discarding them, whilst concentrating the not so healthy sugar content. I switched to a Nutribullet - basically a high power blender. It comes with different sized cups which you fit to the blender head, so you blend in the cup you use, saving on washing up. It's great for healthy breakfast drinks (celery, spinach, ginger, apple etc.) but would be rubbish at extracting juice from citrus fruits!

I didn't really run into that issue because I saved the leftovers to make breads and muffins so no waste. I like the idea of the cup attachment as I hate washing dishes. ;-) Thanks for the suggestion.

Steam juice extractors are brilliantView attachment 47747

I just read up on this. I don't know why I didn't connect the dots until now (brain fog!) but I used a steamer (regular one) to make all my babies' foods when they were newborns. It was really easy and I felt better knowing what they were consuming. It wasn't as intricate as this one though. I have it on my wish list now. Thanks again!

This machine takes care of just about everything! It can make ice cream, milk shakes. It even makes hot soups without a stove!!!! The extremely high-speed motor creates amazing friction for the blades by spinning the blades at about 28,000rpms to make short work of processing hot soups, sauces & gravies!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom