Juicing Diets

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
3:25 AM
"Juicing" seems to be a popular new trend in the California area and I keep hearing about it on TV. People will quit eating actual food for several days, and will drink health drinks and smoothies instead. This diet is supposed to cleanse your system. Has anyone ever tried this? Is it really healthy, or is it just another fad?

Beetroot smithies seem to be working for someone else on CC, but they've been on it a lot longer than seven days.

Beetroot juice from a juicer can reduce your blood pressure considerably after time ,but the fresh stuff I do tastes rank,I like beetroot a lot but raw juice is hard going

The problem with fruit juicing and smoothies is that they are full of sugar (fruit sugar) hence quite high in calories. Also bad for teeth! Vegetables are better from that point of view, But honestly, I wouldn't want to be on a liquid diet!

Its just another fad. People soon get fed up having to juice everything in sight, and it soon gets boring, eating green slime. I don't suppose its bad for people as long as they dont do it for months at a time, as juicing does release vitamins and minerals. But it won't be very good for your teeth, as I think it releases a lot of sugars and acids that will eat away at your teeth.

I'd much rather eata balanced meal and forget the juicing fad.

Lots of calories from the sugar in fruit smoothies and juicing. And they bad for your teeth! I really don't like the idea of a liquid diet.

I have to wonder about protein too as I do not believe that someone who was juicing would be getting any, or very little. You would always be hungry because fruits and vegetables do not keep you full very long, especially when they are in the liquid form. I could see someone wanting to do this diet for a day or two, but it is not something that could be sustained long term.

I think I would be ready to eat my own leg off if I had nothing but juice for several days :laugh:

However I did see that documentary a little while back called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. A guy lost a heap of weight doing a juice fast.

I guess that can either be seen as great or terribly unhealthy depending on your perspective.

Juicing is also quite popular here hence the sale of juicers and blenders are going great. One juice that is catching the fancy of dieters is cabbage juice that is very healthy, according to the health buffs. Their favorite used to be carrot juice but I guess it is expensive so they are turning to a cheaper version of vegetable juice which is cabbage juice. I'm not for the vegetables but my trip is fruit juices or a mix like mango and orange or watermelon and banana that is great when made into a smoothie.

A fit model or influential celebrity and a pricey juicer spells profit for the companies behind this fad. I do not discount the fact that there is some good benefits to juicing but like some had said there are also some factors to consider like the high content of sugar, the taste of the juice when combined and so on. I used to buy the canned vegetable and fruit juice before I do not like the taste but if it is for my health then I will drink it. I do not see the reason for me not to try juicing.

I still feel like when the juicer came home some years ago and my husband was juicing everything but me, I felt better in body and mind. Then the novelty wore off and the juicer and it's many parts were here there and everywhere and now the only juice I get is orange juice from a box. Of course, there is always the debate about juicing versus blending which is a whole other matter. I am still thinking I should invest in a small not too complicated juicer.

I prefer blending over juicing because I can still get the vitamin contents and fibers of the fruits and vegetables by blending it. As I wake up in the morning I drink a glass or two of water to cleanse my system. Then after an hour I blend fruits and vegetables which consist of apple, banana, kiwi, carrot and cucumber. After drinking this after an hour I eat my breakfast already.This had been my routine for many years already. And it really do wonders for my health.

I prefer blending over juicing because I can still get the vitamin contents and fibers of the fruits and vegetables by blending it. As I wake up in the morning I drink a glass or two of water to cleanse my system. Then after an hour I blend fruits and vegetables which consist of apple, banana, kiwi, carrot and cucumber. After drinking this after an hour I eat my breakfast already.This had been my routine for many years already. And it really do wonders for my health.

I admire that consistency and I know it has to impact positively on your health. I'm consistently inconsistent and I know it can't be good. I would get off to a great with something like juicing and then something happens and it's pushed on the back burner. I find there is an ongoing debate as to which is better: juicing or blending. At the end of the day, one or the other is better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom