Juicing vs blending

kamarsun1

Veteran
Local time
6:13 AM
I know this has been an on going debate, but personally I like going both. Juicing is probably overall healthier, but I love to blend. I can do more with a high speed blender than I can with a juicer. Don't get me wrong I like to juice, but I don't have a self-cleaning juicer. I don't like the clean up of a regular juicer. What one do you prefer? Feel free to share your thoughts.

Juicing is not healthier than blending.

Juice is the liquid extracted from veg/fruit minus the insoluble fibre.
Blending (or a smoothie) is when the whole fruit/veg is blended, thus retaining the insoluble fibre.

Juicing simply leaves you with a very sweet sugary drink (if you have any fruit in it) with little to no fibre in it and the sugar is therefore absorbed way too quickly into the body giving you a sugar rush. OK per 100ml you will have 'space' for more vitamins and minerals (in the same way that skimmed milk has more calcium in it than full cream milk - yes it does) but you still have too much sugar with not enough fibre and fibre is what is missing from most modern/western diets.

Blending leaves you with a less sweet drink (per 100ml) due to the fibre bulking up the drink. The insoluble fibre also controls the absorption of sugar into the body, preventing the sugar rush that you get from juicing.

various sources
https://www.insidetracker.com/blog/post/23515265743
http://thejuiceplanet.com/basics/juicing-vs-blending/

This is so timely for me. SatNavSaysStraight, only today I was saying I need to get my husband to get the Juicer up and running again. He brought it home a long time ago and it was the new toy that made me juices every day prepared by my husband. I was just loving it and knew that new toys soon get old and left behind when a new toy arrives. As I expected the juicing soon stopped and to this day I never tried to set it up or operate it . I have a thing about big appliances. They turn me off.

Anyway I honestly felt like the juicing made me feel better so recently I have been thinking to get started again and actually do it myself. Now with this information, I might have to back pedal.

Last edited:
I had been into blending of different fruits and vegetables as my breakfast for several years already and it do wonders for my health.. I really love the way I am doing this kind of procedure blending than juicing.

Back
Top Bottom