Just been thrown out of the kitchen

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
5:09 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
My OH has just woken up (he now has "the cold") and has come downstairs and thrown me out of the kitchen. :) I've had one of my 'cooking sessions' whilst he was in bed and I don't think there is much that does not need washing! It's a very small kitchen with little room to move and we don't own much anymore, so not many pots & pans.

Evening meal made: spicy pumpkin & apple soup
suppliment made: rice & cornmeal triangles
tomorrow's ride food made: vegan black bean brownies
still to make: spicy fried spring onion 'logs' for garnish to soup.

house smells good and food for tomorrow's ride is sorted and I won't have to cook when I get home from it either. Happy now, OH is not so happy, he's not going to be well enough for the ride!:(

You have really done a good job in cooking for your family. You have really some great recipes too. I have been planning to cook for my family as well. You have inspired me to wake up early and prepare breakfast tomorrow.

My OH has just woken up (he now has "the cold") and has come downstairs and thrown me out of the kitchen. :) I've had one of my 'cooking sessions' whilst he was in bed and I don't think there is much that does not need washing! It's a very small kitchen with little room to move and we don't own much anymore, so not many pots & pans.

Evening meal made: spicy pumpkin & apple soup
suppliment made: rice & cornmeal triangles
tomorrow's ride food made: vegan black bean brownies
still to make: spicy fried spring onion 'logs' for garnish to soup.

house smells good and food for tomorrow's ride is sorted and I won't have to cook when I get home from it either. Happy now, OH is not so happy, he's not going to be well enough for the ride!:(
Nice to hear your on the move again , I'm still building my rides up , covering 160 miles a week
This time last year was up around 300 miles a week ,a few more time restraints don't help!
Some good dishes coming out of the kitchen as well,
Nice to see:)

SatNav, your dinner and ride food sound like they will be amazing! My mouth was watering just reading about the food you prepared. Would you mind sharing the pumpkin and apple soup recipe? I would love to try it!

's
Nice to hear your on the move again , I'm still building my rides up , covering 160 miles a week
This time last year was up around 300 miles a week ,a few more time restraints don't help!
Some good dishes coming out of the kitchen as well,
Nice to see:)
sadly it is a dead thread resurrection... I am not back on my feet yet.

Untitled.jpg

I managed to make a white garlic sourdough bread over the last few days for last nights evening meal, but that is as much as I can do. Oh and a double batch of scones, but they are hardly difficult or time consuming!

I have another batch of sourdough on the go at the moment, proofing in the fridge for 36 hours (wholemeal using very fine chapatti flour that our local Morrison's sell at £7.50 for a 10kg. It was on offer when we bought it at £3.50.... can't complain. it is very finely milled (really finely being the atta 'light') and has a really good fibre content and is very brown in colour when cooked).
Otherwise it is all quiet on the western front.

I am hoping to be able to make our evening meal on Monday night, but we will see. It is a dahl that is really easy to make, and best done in intervals which I can manage. It is also very tasty for a really simple dish and hopefully my throat will be up to managing rice again soon.... This is where things are up to health wise (opens to another of @Shaun's sites. http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/well-thats-me-off-my-bike-for-a-while.168606/page-52#post-3730423

Back
Top Bottom