Karuna News

mjd

Veteran
Local time
1:04 PM
[Mod.Edit: Link to site added below]

Have you ever heard of Karuna News? It's a website that posts positive news stories every day. I like to find joy in each day and I feel so inspired by all the wonderful things ordinary people are doing to help one another.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link but you can find it by Googling "Karuna News". It's the first link that comes up.

Just wanted to share a smile!!!

KarunaVirus | Responding With Compassion

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever heard of Karuna News? It's a website that posts positive news stories every day. I like to find joy in each day and I feel so inspired by all the wonderful things ordinary people are doing to help one another.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link but you can find it by Googling "Karuna News". It's the first link that comes up.

Just wanted to share a smile!!!

Is this the link you mean - its what comes up first when I google?

Reactions: mjd
Yes. I don't know why they put the word "virus" in there because it tends to have a negative connotation. I think it's because they want to spread the good news, but I admit it looks bad. LOL

Its OK - I think it was created in response to the virus, hence the name. Karuna is the sanskrit word for compassion but obviously sounds like Corona - hence the 'pun'. It seems to be a good news site as you say.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjd
Its OK - I think it was created in response to the virus, hence the name. Karuna is the sanskrit word for compassion but obviously sounds like Corona - hence the 'pun'. It seems to be a good news site as you say. Here is the link for those interested:

KarunaVirus | Responding With Compassion

Makes sense. Is it okay to add the link to my original post?

An epic digression:
Karuna, as this says, is a Sanskrit word but it's same in Pali language, Tamil language, and also in my native tongue Sinhala language(all descending from Sanskrit of course). It's used as a male name in Tamil language and a female name in Sinhala language. Karuna is one of the four divine abodes in Buddhism.
back to story...

Back
Top Bottom