Recipe KDUBS Sausage and egg Casserole:

Dive Bar Casanova

Local time
12:50 AM
[Mod.Edit: post copied over to a recipe thread as per site guidelines (MG)]

The only problem I've encountered is baking 1 minute extra may burn it, one minute early out of the oven and it's not done.
So I put the oven on Convection and cut the temp back.
Baking casseroles with [a layer of] eggs is tricky.

Fimages.media-allrecipes.com%2Fuserphotos%2F828925.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound bulk pork sausage
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
Method:
  1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in sausage. Cook and stir until sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
  2. Beat eggs, milk, salt and ground mustard in a large bowl.
  3. Stir Cheddar cheese and sausage into the egg mixture.
  4. Roll out crescent roll dough and place one sheet on the bottom of a large baking dish.
  5. Pour egg mixture into baking dish; place the second sheet of crescent roll dough on top.
  6. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Allow casserole to come to room temperature for 30 minutes before baking; remove plastic.
  7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  8. Bake in the preheated oven until egg is set and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.

Last edited:
[Mod.Edit: post copied over to a recipe thread as per site guidelines (MG)]

The only problem I've encountered is baking 1 minute extra may burn it, one minute early out of the oven and it's not done.
So I put the oven on Convection and cut the temp back.
Baking casseroles with eggs is tricky.

View attachment 54266

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound bulk pork sausage
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
Method:
  1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in sausage. Cook and stir until sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
  2. Beat eggs, milk, salt and ground mustard in a large bowl.
  3. Stir Cheddar cheese and sausage into the egg mixture.
  4. Roll out crescent roll dough and place one sheet on the bottom of a large baking dish.
  5. Pour egg mixture into baking dish; place the second sheet of crescent roll dough on top.
  6. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Allow casserole to come to room temperature for 30 minutes before baking; remove plastic.
  7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  8. Bake in the preheated oven until egg is set and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.

The top of it looks like cornbread!! Hah!!:hungry:

Back
Top Bottom