Kitchen Product Brands Related Through Parent Companies.

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
3:58 AM
When I bought my Cosori multi-purpose smart toaster oven, I noted that Cosori and EtekCity, the company that I bought my hand held no contact digital thermometer from, were both owned by the same company, VeSync. VeSync owns a third brand, LeVoit.

Now, I just noticed that InstantPot and Chicago Cutlery are related by having the same parent company, Corelle. Corelle also owns Pyrex, Corningware, Snapware and Zoid.

The relations of product brands through parent companies may be surprising, elsewhere, as well.

Share.

The one that immediately springs to mind is Cuisinart, owned by Conair (the hair dryer people).

The one that immediately springs to mind is Cuisinart, owned by Conair (the hair dryer people).

Cuisinart partnered back in 2009 with Keurig to produce coffee makers. I don't know if that partnership is still in effect.

Conair also is the parent of Waring products.

For those who like the Ninja blenders and other products, SharkNinja owns Ninja and the Shark vaccuum cleaner brand.

The George Foreman Grills and Black & Decker kitchen appliances are two of the brands owned by Spectrum Brands. Spectrum Brands owns many different brands of products, too numerous to list here and none much worth mentioning as kitchen appliances than the George Foreman and Black & Decker brands.

Spectrum also owns Russel Hobbs which makes kitchen appliances. I've never heard of Russel Hobbs, before today.

Whirlpool is huge when it comes to owning other kitchen appliance brands, major appliances like stoves, refrigerators and dishwashers in particular.

Whirlpool owned brands include Jenn-Air, Maytag, Amana, Roper and Kitchenaid.

This is why it is good to stay away from the products that have given you trouble & stick with those co's that you trust. Everyone makes something for other co's. This "changing of the guards", if you will, has been going on for many, many, many years, & just about all products have been outsourced to China. Did you know that Wynter makes ice cream machines for Breville, Cuisinart, Costway, Lopie & others? :unsure:

Last edited:
This is why it is good to stay away from the products that have given you trouble & stick with those co's that you trust. Everyone makes something for other co's. This "changing of the guards", if you will, has been going on for many, many, many years, & just about all products have been outsourced to China. Did you know that Wynter makes ice cream machines for Breville, Cuisinart, Costway, Lopie & others? :unsure:

This outsourcing to China is likely a sore spot for many Americans, but when American business people sell out to the cheapest source with no regard to political or overall economic consequences, there's not a lot that can be said.

The appliance division of General Electric Corporation was out-right sold to a China company called Haier in 2016 and General Electric (GE) is a gem of American corporate history, having been one of the first ten corporations on the Dow Jones and was originated from three companies, one of which was Thomas Alva Edison's Edison Electric.

The overall GE Corporation still exists, but without an appliance division.

This outsourcing to China is likely a sore spot for many Americans, but when American business people sell out to the cheapest source with no regard to political or overall economic consequences, there's not a lot that can be said.

The appliance division of General Electric Corporation was out-right sold to a China company called Haier in 2016 and General Electric (GE) is a gem of American corporate history, having been one of the first ten corporations on the Dow Jones and was originated from three companies, one of which was Thomas Alva Edison's Edison Electric.

The overall GE Corporation still exists, but without an appliance division.

See?! Washers, dryers, fridges, dishwashers, freezers & room air conditioners now come from China!! Practically nothing is made in the USA any more!! It's a shame!! TV's & electronics such as stereo equipment have gone that way for several years now. Even clothes & children's toys & stuffed animals are made in China!! Clothes, boots, shoes & sneakers are made there also. Nothing escapes the wrath or being manufactored in China or other countries overseas. We've lost all our jobs because just about everything is made in other countries, especially in China!! There are only 2 or 3 co's that still make things or kitchen appliances here that I know of. That's Vitamix, Blentec & Kitchenaid. But I've been told that some of Kitchenaid's appliances are made overseas. 😱

Last edited:
See?! Washers, dryers, fridges, dishwashers, freezers & room air conditioners now come from China!! Practically nothing is made in the USA any more!! It's a shame!! TV's & electronics such as stereo equipment have gone that way for several years now. Even clothes & children's toys & stuffed animals are made in China!! Clothes, boots, shoes & sneakers are made there also. Nothing escapes the wrath or being manufactored in China or other countries overseas. We've lost all our jobs because just about everything is made in other countries, especially in China!! There are only 2 or 3 co's that still make things or kitchen appliances here that I know of. That's Vitamix, Blentec & Kitchenaid. But I've been told that some of Kitchenaid's appliances are made overseas. 😱

It's not all made in China, but most. You can still find American and European goods, but you have to look for them, and may have to pay extra. My Bosch power tools were made in Switzerland. My Klipsch speakers were made in Arkansas, as they always have been. My All Clad cookware was made in Pennsylvania. My Weber grills (BBQs) were made in Illinois. Even my GE refrigerator/freezer was made in the USA.

Of course, brands like Bosch, Klipsch, All Clad and Weber are pricey, but worth it. One of my Weber grills is 27 years old, and the gasser is 20 years old. I have one set of Klipsch speakers that are over 30 years old, and sought after on eBay.

To compete with China, you either have to build it cheaper, which is nearly impossible, or you have to build it significantly better, so you can charge more money for it.

CD

Back
Top Bottom