Kitchen Rotisserie Ovens

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
8:57 AM
I have been following the discussions on Air Fryers and it occurred to me that maybe there might be a Rotisserie Air Fryer. And there are!

Most Rotisserie ovens have heating elements that line one to three of the interior walls of the oven.

An Air Fryer Rotisserie would likely only have one heating element, overhead. And given that much, horizontal Air Fryer Rotisseries would be better than vertical. But that might nullify having things like Kabob rods, - maybe. Certainly, rotating Kabob rods could be mounted horizontally. And shelves for doing things like normal baking, like Pizzas and even cakes and such are possible.

Vertical Rotisseries have a smaller countertop footprint.

The diversity of Kitchen Rotisseries makes it hard to single out a preferable model. Best reviews all seem to single out the non-Air Fryer types. I guess the Air Fryer Rotisseries don't do enough cooking power.

My rotisserie goes on a Weber Kettle charcoal grill. Over wood coals is the original rotisserie, and IMO, the best. Vertical rotisseries certainly have a place in good cooking, with things like tacos al pastor.

CD

My rotisserie goes on a Weber Kettle charcoal grill. Over wood coals is the original rotisserie, and IMO, the best. Vertical rotisseries certainly have a place in good cooking, with things like tacos al pastor.

CD

Charcoal Grill Rotisseries are common enough, but I was referring to Kitchen Rotisseries.

Rotisseries, in my view, are to allow uniformity, in the crispness of the outer surfaces and the distribution of juices. That's one reason that horizontal Rotisseries win out. Vertical Rotisseries allow juices to fall toward the bottom, drying the tops. And an Air Fryer Vertical Rotisserie would not evenly distribute heating and the crispness would be mostly on top. So that is one reason that Air Fryer Rotisseries fail to make best Rotisserie lists.

I agree that Charcoal Rotisseries are great and they are always horizontal.

BTW: Kitchen Rotisseries make great room heaters during these colder months of the year. :okay:

I thought about getting one of these, but the Ninja Foodi serves the purpose very nicely!! :whistling:

In the UK I had one of these table top rotisserie ovens
1606888645097.png

I once had one of THESE. The George Jr. Rotisserie oven. The spit broke. Had to toss it. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom