Kitchen tool wish list

ChanellG

Guru
Local time
7:11 AM
Are you one of those people who has to have every tool created for use in the kitchen? I admit, I'm a bit of a gadget geek when it comes to cool kitchen tools. I don't have a lot of storage space though, so I have to do my best to resist temptation and keep my purchases to the absolute bare minimum.

One of the things currently at the top of my wish list is a mandolin. There are just some things you can't slice thinly enough with a knife or a vegetable parer.

There are just some things you can't slice thinly enough with a knife or a vegetable parer.
With a sharp enough knife and practice you can slice any veg thinner with a knife. It is not difficult to slice onions thin enough to see through with practice. A mandoline simply makes it faster and easier for those without the necessary knife skills.

Also for some light amusement.... See this thread
Do you know the difference between a Mandoline and a Mandolin?

For me, no i don't think there is a kitchen tool that i must have other than my garlic and ginger crusher, seive/colander, a couple of wooden spoons and flat spatulas and a decent whet stone. An egg whisk is a nice addition, as are my kenwood chef mixer and a hi speed liquidiser.

Last edited:
Are you one of those people who has to have every tool created for use in the kitchen? I admit, I'm a bit of a gadget geek when it comes to cool kitchen tools. I don't have a lot of storage space though, so I have to do my best to resist temptation and keep my purchases to the absolute bare minimum.

One of the things currently at the top of my wish list is a mandolin. There are just some things you can't slice thinly enough with a knife or a vegetable parer.
I have a few items for my wish. First is a self-cleaning juicer. The clean-up time is much easier than a standard juicer. A Vitamix would be up there on the list as well, but I just got a decent blender so it's not mandatory.

I have a few items for my wish. First is a self-cleaning juicer. The clean-up time is much easier than a standard juicer. A Vitamix would be up there on the list as well, but I just got a decent blender so it's not mandatory.

I can relate to that! I haven't been able to find my juicer since the last post-K move out of the house for renovation work. My dad brought me his about a year ago, but I haven't touched it because I don't want to have to take it apart and clean all the pieces. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, but the other issue is the amount of produce you need to make even one glass of juice.

Back
Top Bottom