oxo-masher-jpg.jpg

Mini spats (8")
mini-spats-jpg.jpg

Quarter sheet pan racks
quarter-sheet-racks-jpg.jpg

Tiki Mugs..jpg
Wevac Chamber Vacuum Sealer..jpg

Exotic recipes Book..jpg

Ordered these things from Amazon! A set of Tiki mugs, chamber vacuum food sealer & an exotic drinks recipe book!! :whistling:

IMG_4228.jpeg

Here’s why I have two identical French presses:

Several months ago, I bought a cheapie $10US press because I wanted the occasional cup of coffee at home (MrsT didn’t drink coffee), and our neighbors had given us a pound of premium coffee beans as thanks for watching their dog for a few days while they were gone.

As weeks went by, MrsT became swayed by the fragrance of coffee steeping on weekend mornings and asked that I buy her some decaf coffee.

Knowing her tolerance of coffee in general, I bought a very good quality single-serve press for her - sorted.

Or so I thought.

Over time, she noticed I was returning to the kitchen for multiple refills, while she was getting just one cup.

“Why’m I getting cheated?”

I decided to use the cheap large press for both of us - making one regular batch, transferring it to a pot, rinsing the press, and making a decaf batch.

By the time the second batch was done, the first batch was cooling off, and it was also annoying getting the timing right with heating two batches of water in the kettle, so I decided today to get rid of the cheap press and get two decent ones, and that way, we can both have hot coffee at the same time.

View attachment 99402

Here’s why I have two identical French presses:

Several months ago, I bought a cheapie $10US press because I wanted the occasional cup of coffee at home (MrsT didn’t drink coffee), and our neighbors had given us a pound of premium coffee beans as thanks for watching their dog for a few days while they were gone.

As weeks went by, MrsT became swayed by the fragrance of coffee steeping on weekend mornings and asked that I buy her some decaf coffee.

Knowing her tolerance of coffee in general, I bought a very good quality single-serve press for her - sorted.

Or so I thought.

Over time, she noticed I was returning to the kitchen for multiple refills, while she was getting just one cup.

“Why’m I getting cheated?”

I decided to use the cheap large press for both of us - making one regular batch, transferring it to a pot, rinsing the press, and making a decaf batch.

By the time the second batch was done, the first batch was cooling off, and it was also annoying getting the timing right with heating two batches of water in the kettle, so I decided today to get rid of the cheap press and get two decent ones, and that way, we can both have hot coffee at the same time.

But how do you tell the difference?

But how do you tell the difference?
You mean once the coffee’s brewed?

If so, once the coffee is ready, each goes into its own distinct coffee butler/carafe, so it’s not sitting in the press in the spent grounds, getting more and more bitter.

Yes. Oh - so you decant! In the days when I drank/made coffee, I never did that. Doesn't it get cold?
It depends on what I’m using. We have a load of teapots, and sometimes I’ll use those, but I warm them first and wrap them in tea towels (makeshift cozy), which helps.

The butlers/carafes are insulated, though. That coffee would be steaming hot four hours later, if it lasted that long.

Back
Top Bottom