Recipe Kitchenaid Pull-apart Dinner Rolls.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
6:51 AM
Came across this recipe a few weeks ago. I wanted to try it & was successful today! They're about to go in the oven! Yesterday I tried it, but the dough just wouldn't rise!! I had to throw it out & do it again.

Ingredients;

1 cup warm water
2-1/2 teaspoons yeast (1 packet)
1/8 cup sugar (I used a bit more)\
2-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 egg, beaten
3/4 teaspoon salt (I left this out)
3 cups bread flour
Additional tablespoon butter may be needed.

Directions;

Place warm water, yeast & sugar in the mixing bowl. Mix together with machine's dough hook attached & on speed 2. Add in butter & beaten egg.

Add flour, a little at a time, or enough to make a soft dough. Knead with dough hook for an additional 5 minutes.

Place dough in oiled bowl. Turn dough over to grease the other side so that oil is on both sides. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk & light.

Punch dough down& divide into 6 to 8 pieces. Roll dough into balls & place into greased 9" or a square baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap & let rise for another 30 minutes. Bake in preheated 400-degree oven for 50 - 35 minutes or until golden brown ( I found that this temp was a bit too high & the time too long, so I lowered both the allow the middle time to bake.

Remove from oven & brush with leftover butter from what you had earlier in recipe. Let rolls stay in pan for about 20 minutes before taking out. Enjoy!

Caution; Never add salt to the yeast! If you use salt, do not add it until after the 1st or 2nd cup of flour is put in! Salt added directly to the yeast may kill it & cause the dough not to rise.

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/kitchenaid-pull-apart-dinner-rolls-small-batch-454780

Last edited:
This site is not available in Europe @Shermie - also - if you start a recipe thread, we ask that you include the recipe, not just a link. I would edit your post to include the recipe but I'm unable to access the website. Can you please amend it to include the recipe?

This site is not available in Europe @Shermie - also - if you start a recipe thread, we ask that you include the recipe, not just a link. I would edit your post to include the recipe but I'm unable to access the website. Can you please amend it to include the recipe?

The recipe IS posted there. Took me a while to write it At the time, I had to keep an eye on the rolls because they were in the oven. Didn't want them to burn. And here's a pic of them hot & fresh out the oven! Also, I'm blind in one eye, so that may explain why it took me a while to post the recipe Then I couldn't post the pic for a while because Facebook stopped working on my phone. Sucks!!.
pull-apart Kitchenaid Dinner Rols.jpg

Last edited:
This is a small recipe designed to make about a 1/2 dozen or more rolls (6 - 8).

The word Kitchenaid has nothing to do with the company of the same name, nor Whirlpool itself. it is just named that. Any mixer with a dough hook can be used. I like it! You're not making enough to feed an army.

Just one or two people, three. tops. I'll tweak & modify it a little as I go along & become familiar with the recipe To make it taste a little better.:wink:

Last edited:
I usually copy and paste from the website rather than type it out.

That's what I was going to do. Next time I will. This way was kind of exasperating & took a long time to do. if you find it online, it can be copied & pasted to the forum.
Otherwise, one would have to go through the aggravation pain & slowness of writing the recipes themselves. :headshake:

Shermie, Tbsp (tablespoons), not tsp (teaspoons).

Other than the fact that I use milk and do a total of 3 risings, it's very similar to a very rich sweet dough that I use to make rolls for holidays/special occasions, which can even be used to make cinnamon rolls or breakfast pastries.. However, I do use AP flour as it gives a more tender crumb.

Back
Top Bottom