Knives and Television

richnonai

Veteran
Local time
11:34 PM
This is probably not new news to anybody who has spend time in the kitchen, but never use a dull knife. It is one of the easiest way to cut yourself. Another tip, that I learned in a painful way, is not to get involved watching television while chopping food. The worse type of show is a good comedy because if you start to laugh to hard, that sharp knife may wind up cutting your finger or hand rather than the food you are prepping.

Hahaha this is good advice but also very funny! I have to say that I've also learned the hard way that using a blunt knife in the kitchen is not such a good idea. I almost sliced my finger off trying to cut up a pumpkin a few weeks ago! Not a grand idea at all... sharp knives can also be hazardous as well especially if you are attempting to be a master chef and chop your vegetables fast.

I agree that using a blunt knife in the kitchen could be inviting trouble; however, I am also extremely careful when using a sharp one, since we have to be careful using knives on the whole. When I am using a knife to chop or cut anything, I try to concentrate fully on what I am doing. Watching television at such times would be a definite no-no for me. I am not a fast cutter or chopper either. I prefer to take my time when engaging in this activity.

It's always better to be careful whilst using a knife and give it your full attention. I learnt this the hard way! Better to be safe than sorry!

One time I was chatting to my husband whilst chopping lettuce, when I looked down I noticed the lettuce was red ooops... had clean up, patch up and start again.

IMG_0675.jpg

this was after trimming back sinews off frozen duck with sharp knife,cutting frozen meat is a no no,this cut hit a tendon which had to be patched,

Back
Top Bottom