Recipe Kokosboller, or Coconut teacake.

CoffeeTalk

Veteran
Local time
9:12 PM
This is one of the favorite treats and "cakes" in Scandinavia, its also something you can indulge in while on a restricted diet, it has very little calories, each cake have usually less than 50 calories.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuvpMyLPmTvuyIVy7TVAxUKKmgtTaf5PeIHWC8OcTGsT6JqB8U9Q.gif

Recipe:

ca 18 kokosboller:

4 egg-whites

1 dl sugar( 10 milliliter, 0,35 (UK)cups and 0,42(US)cups) (or ca 0,8 dl fructose or suger replacement of choice.)

1 ss (table spoon) vanillasuger

4 sheets of gelatin ( you can use a vegetarian alternative too)

1-2 bags coconut( ca 250 grams each)

ca 200 gram dark chocolate – try mixing half with 70 % and half with regular radk chocolate .

ca 50 gram Delfiafett (coconut fat)

How to:

Place the sheets of gelatin in cold water ,until they are soft about 5-10 minutes.

Whip the egg-whites until they are stiff and does not fall out of the bowl ,when turned upside down.

Add sugar and vanilla-sugar and mix until the sugars dissolve and the content are fluffy and stiff .

Now take the gelatin out of the water squeeze it, and put it into a separate bowl and melt it . You put the bowl into a casserole with hot water to melt its contents. The gelatin will quickly melt ,take aside and cool off.

Take the cooled off gelatin and pour into the egg-white mix with a thin stream while . mixing on full with you machine.

Find a baking try and cover it with a baking paper , sprinkle coconut on-top so your buns don't stick to the paper. Take a big plastic bag and pour your white into it, cut off a corner about 1 cm wide and squeeze out buns/balls onto the paper.

dscn8260.jpg

Put the tray somewhere cool, like the fridge so the balls stiffens , redy for covering in chocolate and coconut.

Melt the chocolate and the coconut fat together and put into one bowl, put the coconut into another bowl. Let the chocolate cool until room temperature first then.

Using forks place the balls first in the chocolate and then in the coconut to cover them completely, use one set of forks for each bowl , Place the covered balls back on the try and set to cool completely off.

These are easy to freeze and will thaw in a few minutes and taste as fresh as new.

ENJOY!

Last edited:
Can I query one of your quantities please.
I know dl is deciliter, which is not a commonly used one in the UK, but is 10ml (though 1dl of sugar doesn't make much sense to me), but you also give
1 ss vanillasuger
which is have to say I have not come across at all. Can you please explain it because it am sure there will be a few others like me not knowing it. My only guess was serving spoon which might be a table spoon (tbsp)?

Can I query one of your quantities please.
I know dl is deciliter, which is not a commonly used one in the UK, but is 10ml (though 1dl of sugar doesn't make much sense to me), but you also give

which is have to say I have not come across at all. Can you please explain it because it am sure there will be a few others like me not knowing it. My only guess was serving spoon which might be a table spoon (tbsp)?
Yes you are right its serving spoon, its an old recipe and its the same as tablespoon.

1dl decilitre = 10 centiliter =100 milliliter , as its more about volume than weight, sugar can be heavier or lighter as flour according to how much water it retain.
Its about 3/4 of a normal teacup wich is concidered to be 150 milliliter= 1,5 dl = 0,53 (UK) cups.
1dl = 100millilitre = 0,422 (US) cup = 0,35( UK) cup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom