Labor day

Besides being a day off work, we don't do anything special in our house. For me, it's one of those, "What? Today is a holiday?" days.

More than one Labor Day, I've driven into the office, only to find it empty. :oops:

Ours is really going to suck, and we'll definitely be laboring as we'll have to finish up outside tomorrow morning. Hoping we weren't going to have to put everything away, but looks like we are going to have to, and then put everything back out.

Being self employed, a day off is a day without income. :rolleyes:

But, I have a prime ribeye steak salted, and mini-dry-aging in the fridge. I'll sous vide cook it, and give it a fast and scorching hot sear. Probably corn on the cob and/or potato salad on the side.

Over the years I have owned four boats and a SeaDoo. That was at the center of my Labor Day plans. But, I am without lake toys at this time, so I'm limited to my backyard.

I do have a nice cigar for late in the evening.

CD

Besides being a day off work, we don't do anything special in our house. For me, it's one of those, "What? Today is a holiday?" days.

More than one Labor Day, I've driven into the office, only to find it empty. :oops:

This never happened to me on Labor Day, but there was one holiday I did the same thing - for a long time we didn't get Columbus Day off (in October), and although I usually took that day off anyway (an annual camping get together I usually get to), suddenly we got the day off on a year I didn't go to that event. Yep, I drove in, saw an EMPTY parking lot... slapped my head...and drove home.

With Labor Day, everyone was talking about their weekend plans the week before so I didn't make that mistake then.

for a long time we didn't get Columbus Day off (in October)
That's one thing I like about Columbus Day. It's a federal holiday, but one that most employers besides banks and the government don't recognize, so if you get it off, it feels like an extra day! :)

My favorite secondary holiday like that is Veterans' Day in November. Lots of restaurants offer freebies to vets, and I spend the day driving from one place to the other, getting my goodies. I start off with breakfast, then meander to Starbucks for a free cup of coffee, then to a bakery for a free doughnut, then I kill some time until lunch, etc. I leave the house about 6:30AM and I don't get home until around 7PM. It's a blast!

That's one thing I like about Columbus Day. It's a federal holiday, but one that most employers besides banks and the government don't recognize, so if you get it off, it feels like an extra day! :)

I've ended going to the bank on Columbus Day (and especially Veterans Day - we never got that one off at work) and discovering the places shuttered! Oh, PS, thanks for your service!

Definite indication that you may be a workaholic. I can't say that I haven't done the same thing in the past! :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom