Recipe Lamb and Courgette Lasagne

epicuric

Legendary Member
Local time
9:55 PM
IMG_0558a.jpg

Lamb and Courgette Lasagne

Ingredients (to serve 2)

2 lamb neck fillets (or lamb mince will do)
2 courgettes, sliced lengthways very thinly
1 brown onion
1 clove of garlic, crushed
Olive oil for frying
½ tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
400ml lamb stock
Oregano, basil & parsley (fresh or dried)
Sheets of ready to use dried lasagne sheet (I used wholemeal)
200g feta cheese
50g dried parmesan (or similar)

Method

[N.B. How you cook this dish will depend on your choice of lamb – I used whole neck fillets (which need cooking low and slow) and cooked them sous vide for 24 hours @ 55 deg C, them cut them into small cubes and dropped them into the warm ragout sauce before constructing the lasagne. Alternatively, they could be cooked in a slow cooker/Crockpot along with the ragout sauce. If using lamb mince, this can be browned off along with the onion and garlic – no need for slow cooking – this is a more practical choice for a weekday meal, so I will use this method in the recipe below.]

1. Brown off the onion, garlic and lamb in olive oil in a large frying pan or wok.

2. Add the chopped tomatoes, puree, lamb stock and herbs to the pan, and simmer for 20 mins, adjusting seasoning to taste.

3. Lightly butter a square or rectangular oven proof dish (2”/50cm deep)

4. Spoon a layer of the lamb ragout in the bottom of the dish, crumble over some feta cheese. Cover with a layer of the sliced courgette, followed by a layer of the pasta sheet. Repeat until you’ve used up all the ingredients, or reached the top of the dish.

5. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the final top layer of pasta sheet.

6. Bake in a moderately hot over for 40 mins, or until fully cooked through (test with a skewer)

7. Serve with a salad and garlic bread.

Lovely! Almost reminds me of moussaka. Love the combination of eggplant and lamb.

Your version looks and sounds unique and delicious to me. I'm always up for pasta and/or potatoes :)

View attachment 18612

Lamb and Courgette Lasagne

Ingredients (to serve 2)

2 lamb neck fillets (or lamb mince will do)
2 courgettes, sliced lengthways very thinly
1 brown onion
1 clove of garlic, crushed
Olive oil for frying
½ tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
400ml lamb stock
Oregano, basil & parsley (fresh or dried)
Sheets of ready to use dried lasagne sheet (I used wholemeal)
200g feta cheese
50g dried parmesan (or similar)

Method

[N.B. How you cook this dish will depend on your choice of lamb – I used whole neck fillets (which need cooking low and slow) and cooked them sous vide for 24 hours @ 55 deg C, them cut them into small cubes and dropped them into the warm ragout sauce before constructing the lasagne. Alternatively, they could be cooked in a slow cooker/Crockpot along with the ragout sauce. If using lamb mince, this can be browned off along with the onion and garlic – no need for slow cooking – this is a more practical choice for a weekday meal, so I will use this method in the recipe below.]

1. Brown off the onion, garlic and lamb in olive oil in a large frying pan or wok.

2. Add the chopped tomatoes, puree, lamb stock and herbs to the pan, and simmer for 20 mins, adjusting seasoning to taste.

3. Lightly butter a square or rectangular oven proof dish (2”/50cm deep)

4. Spoon a layer of the lamb ragout in the bottom of the dish, crumble over some feta cheese. Cover with a layer of the sliced courgette, followed by a layer of the pasta sheet. Repeat until you’ve used up all the ingredients, or reached the top of the dish.

5. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the final top layer of pasta sheet.

6. Bake in a moderately hot over for 40 mins, or until fully cooked through (test with a skewer)

7. Serve with a salad and garlic bread.

Lamb and courgette lasagne...interesting combo! Nice recipe @epicuric

Back
Top Bottom