Yummy.....and easy

Ingredients
4 sheets puff pastry
600mg lamb mince
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
8-10 curry leaves
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
2 medium potatoes (boiled, then chopped)
1 brown onion chopped
5 cloves garlic grated
Large knob ginger grated
Small knob tumeric grated
1/1/2 tbsp good curry powder
Salt to taste
1 cup water
1 egg beaten
A little oil or ghee

Method
Heat oil then add fenugreek, curry leaves, mustard seeds, and fennel seeds and saute a little while. Add onion, saute 2-3 mins. Add curry powder and cook off. Then add garlic, ging, and tumeric and a spoon of water if needed and saute another few minutes. Add mince and brown, then add cup of water and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Add potato for last 5 minutes. Allow to cool.

Cut pastry in to fours, and spoon in lamb/potato mix and fold in to a triangle, egg washing inside seam and crimping with a fork. Egg wash parcel, then bak at 200 degree celsius for 20-25 minutes or until golden.

View: https://youtu.be/1zOWbv8RlNc

Yummy.....and easy
Creekers mate as a conisewer of Jamaican Patties, when you took a bite out of your creation I started dribbling and took a chunk out of my post it pad.It brought back evocative mammories of skinny dipping in Dunns river with the daughter of a local cafe owner. Her Mum made beautiful patties. Its a winner winner pattie dinner. NB I watched the vid again after cleaning my screen. The sound of the pastry crumbs dropping on the plate became juxtaposed in my mind with the sound of a slot machine paying out a jackpot.

Last edited:
Creekers mate as a conisewer of Jamaican Patties, when you took a bite out of your creation I started dribbling and took a chunk out of my post it pad.It brought back evocative mammories of skinny dipping in Dunns river with the daughter of a local cafe owner. Her Mum made beautiful patties. Its a winner winner pattie dinner. NB I watched the vid again after cleaning my screen. The sound of the pastry crumbs dropping on the plate became juxtaposed in my mind with the sound of a slot machine paying out a jackpot.

Cheers mate, I took a batch of these to work a couple of days ago and a few of my colleagues are still waxing lyrical about them. Speaking of that, you certainly have a way with words yourself... and I mean in a good way!!

That video is getting quite a few views, over 600 now. Which is nothing by YouTube standards, but for mine which often only get a handful is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom