Lambs Liver Pate - what to put with it

becci747

Über Member
Local time
10:37 AM
Hi,

This is my first post so please be gentle :happy:

I have started to get more into home cooking since tiny one started getting a bit bigger and yesterday I made lambs liver pate. It's tasty but very very rich and could really do with something sweet to go with it on the cracker/toast. Can anyone recommend a chutney / sauce or similar that will complement the flavour.

Thanks

Hi,

This is my first post so please be gentle :happy:

I have started to get more into home cooking since tiny one started getting a bit bigger and yesterday I made lambs liver pate. It's tasty but very very rich and could really do with something sweet to go with it on the cracker/toast. Can anyone recommend a chutney / sauce or similar that will complement the flavour.

Thanks
Welcome, @becci747. Hope you have fun here! Do you want to make your own chutney? If so, I can come up with a few ideas. If you want recommendations on a ready-made one, we need to know which country you are in... you can add your location to your picture (to see how go to The Lounge and follow @SatNavSaysStraightOn 's directions.).

I think something like honey mustard and/or sweet pickles would be nice with it
on a cracker.

Hi everyone and thanks for replying. I would happily buy (I'm in the UK) as I want to eat my pate NOW, but if you happen to have a really good recipe that would be good too. I'm pretty much on the doorstep of a Sainsbury's if they have anything spectacular to offer.

Sweet pickle sounds good. A nice dollop on top and a pepper cracker. Yum.

Reactions: L_B
How about a cranberry relish? Cranberries are on sale at the moment in Sainsbury's. Its dead easy to do.
100g sugar, 100ml orange juice, fresh or from a carton, 250g pack of cranberries
Put sugar and orange juice into a pan, stir in the cranberries, then simmer until tender but still holding their shape –about 5 to 10 minutes. That's it! The relish will thicken as it cools. You can add a half teaspoon of cinnamon or other spice of your choice. If you grate some orange peel into the mix too, it will boost the taste. The result is a beautiful jewel like jelly.

You could do the same recipe with red currants.

Now I'm wondering about the lamb's liver pate. I've never made that. Usually I use a mix of meat and liver as my understanding is that liver alone is too strong and rich (with the exception of chicken liver pate). I think pure lamb's liver pate is quite unusual. Can you share the recipe @becci747 ?

How about a cranberry relish? Cranberries are on sale at the moment in Sainsbury's. Its dead easy to do.
100g sugar, 100ml orange juice, fresh or from a carton, 250g pack of cranberries
Put sugar and orange juice into a pan, stir in the cranberries, then simmer until tender but still holding their shape –about 5 to 10 minutes. That's it! The relish will thicken as it cools. You can add a half teaspoon of cinnamon or other spice of your choice. If you grate some orange peel into the mix too, it will boost the taste. The result is a beautiful jewel like jelly.

You could do the same recipe with red currants.

That sounds delicious. The oranges here have been looking really anemic lately. If i can find a few decent ones, I might try this and another recipe I've been looking at.

I will be trying this cranberry relish. It sounds easy to make and very tasty.
I really like cranberries so I have no doubt this will be awesome. I just have to
figure out something to eat it with.

I will be trying this cranberry relish. It sounds easy to make and very tasty.
I really like cranberries so I have no doubt this will be awesome. I just have to
figure out something to eat it with.
It would go with any cold meats or with a roasted chicken. Or even with cheese. It is terrifically easy and because cranberries have so much pectin, it sets to a jelly beautifully as it cools.

Red onion marmalade is a favourite of mine ,
Not a big fan of lambs liver pate ,smooth chicken liver parfait is my thing ,but I have done a layered calves liver terrine with Parma ham,and tarragon ,piccalilli purrees were the trend last year again a bit of sweet and sour

Back
Top Bottom