Recipe Lazy lasagna with meat sauce

Local time
5:48 AM
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef cooked with 1 small chopped onion
  • 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (or 2 smaller cans 15 oz)
  • 1 15 oz can tomato sauce (or 2 8 oz cans)
  • 2 envelopes dry spaghetti sauce mix
  • 2 tablespoons of minced garlic from the jar (or mince 2-3 cloves yourself)
  • 8 oz. NO BOIL lasagna noodles (comes in 15 oz package, but you won't need them all)
  • 16 oz. mozzarella cheese
  • 2 cup cream style cottage cheese
Instructions:

Brown meat with onion and drain.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauces, spaghetti sauce mix, and garlic.
Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Salt to taste.

Use NO BOIL lasagna noodles so you don't have to add another step of cooking the noodles. This recipe is called LAZY, after all.
Place half of the noodles in an oblong baking dish and cover with half of the sauce, half of the mozzarella cheese and cottage cheese.

Repeat layers. Top with thin layer of mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

th?id=OIP.M6eff581f5ab413654dfa9b951dcbb8b8o0&pid=15.jpg

https://www.cookingbites.com/forums/beef-pork-lamb-and-other-meats.48/

I would make this! I think lasagna is really good, but it does make a lot so be prepared to serve a crowd. Since, I am usually the only one eating here when I make a recpie that is designed to serve a lot of people it ends up lasting forever because it would take me a long time to go trhough a pan of lasagna. I end up freezing it or giving some to my house mate. I suppose I could try half a recipe.

I really like this recipe. It has been years since I made lasagna even though I really like it. I just find that there is so much working preparing it that I always decide against it. When I want it I buy it but it is never as good as homemade lasagna. I am going to give this one a try. Thanks for posting this recipe.

I love lasagna, but I have not made it in ages. I usually just use one cheese and of course I add more herbs and spices to my recipes. I pretty much do as I please.

I'm the same - I love lasagna but it's been a really long time since I've made it. I honestly can't remember the last time, to be honest. But now you've got me craving it - so I probably need to find some way to rustle up the ingredients and make some!

I'm the same - I love lasagna but it's been a really long time since I've made it. I honestly can't remember the last time, to be honest. But now you've got me craving it - so I probably need to find some way to rustle up the ingredients and make some!
The forum does that to you. You see something you have not made in a while and you suddenly develop a craving for it once you see it there. I find the name interesting as well -LAZY lasagna with Meat Sauce.

Haha this recipe suits me just fine. I love it. The only time I've managed to make the traditional lasagna was when I have a friend cooking along side me. I usually end up using regular noodles and just kind of make a casserole with noodles and meatsauce with cheese etc. I will certainly try this since it looks delicious as well.

I like this recipe. I just started making lasagna for the family, this looks easier than what I have been doing. I do freeze half of what is leftover for later because it does make so much. I have not used cottage cheese in my recipe but will start with the next dish I make.

Back
Top Bottom