Lebkuchen

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
6:48 AM
The holidays have past, but the thought of a Christmas treat in Germany has just poked me - Lebkuchen.

These are specialty cake cookies that are often included in the Weihnachtzeit celebration.

I was wondering if anybody has tried these or better, made them.

I love them but never made them. I shared a pic of them somewhere this year, I went to Germany for a day with my husband before the corona crisis and I bought some delicious lebkuchen stars.

(not my pic)

The holidays have past, but the thought of a Christmas treat in Germany has just poked me - Lebkuchen.

These are specialty cake cookies that are often included in the Weihnachtzeit celebration.

I was wondering if anybody has tried these or better, made them.
Yep. With a lot of German heritage in Cincinnati, lebkuchen is good and plentiful here. We eat a lot of it around the holidays.

Oddly enough, I've never had Lebkuchen. While I was doing my thing this morning, it came into my head, zap. A lot of things come to me that way ... like I was picking up on somebody else's thoughts.

I must have been exposed to Lebkuchen sometime in my life. My mom's side of the family are German American going back to the late 1800s in Minnesota and North Dakota. I used to think about "Ya-gablick" and never knew where it came from. Then I recalled my Grandfather's voice saying "Ja, gewiss." It means, "Yes, indeed."

The brain absorbs life-long from the first days of life, until the last. It amazes me.

I made lebkuchen last year, for the first time in my life. They're easy to learn but hard to master, and they need to rest at least for two weeks after they have been baked.one question, aren't they called gingerbread?
img_20201029_142014.jpg

Stay healthy

I made lebkuchen last year, for the first time in my life. They're easy to learn but hard to master, and they need to rest at least for two weeks after they have been baked.one question, aren't they called gingerbread?View attachment 55838
Stay healthy

I have red today that they are 'like' gingerbread, but are not.

Can you please explain me what the differences are? I googled the translation, but they surely look different. Is it the softness of Lebkuchen? Stay healthy

Can you please explain me what the differences are? I googled the translation, but they surely look different. Is it the softness of Lebkuchen? Stay healthy

I don't know what the differences are. I can say that I have eaten Gingerbread, but not Lebkuchen.

Okay, so basically we use the same dough, we just don't add ginger to the cookies. Stay healthy

Back
Top Bottom