Leftovers you like to eat cold

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
5:17 PM
Sometimes in life, things just taste better cold, and leftover food from the day before does not have to be any different. What leftover foods do you like to eat cold as opposed to reheating it? For me, the most obvious choice would be fried chicken. There is nothing like a cold piece of fried chicken pulled right out of the fridge on a hot summer day.

We never really have leftover food, but whenever I boil potatoes, I do a few extra so that we can have them cold the next day.
Yes, cold new potatoes are great in salad. Quiche can be good too (though best at room temperature rather than cold).

Roast beef that has been well trimmed ,not over keen on eating set animal fats ?
New potatoes are a done thing,cold KFC is always good,

Pizza, always!! I could eat cold pizza for breakfast, honestly (although that wouldn't be the healthiest decision I could make!)
I also like cold taco meat filling in salads the next day. Tastes good so who cares about the temperature!

I am a huge cold pizza lover! I didn't really realize how yummy cold pizzas are until we had some left over pizzas a few years back and I was too lazy to re-heat them in the toaster and it just tasted lovely! Something about all the cold meat, tomato sauce, vegetable and cheese together with the tougher bread makes it yummy if not yummier than hot pizza. Red sauce pasta is also a favorite of mine when cold. I don't know why I don't like white sauce pastas when they're cold, only red sauce ones when cold taste fantastic for me. Have these two together for a cold meal and I'm a happy kid!

When we ate fried chicken I loved mine cold the next day. When I was a kid my mom would get upset with me because I would save my chicken for the next day to eat it cold. We do not eat fried foods any more but every once in a while I do have a taste for some fried chicken.

At this time of year when it is hot I eat all my food cold becaus not food makes me hotter. It's just a matter of gettng used to it but I don't think there is really much that doesn't taste good cold.

Sometimes in life, things just taste better cold, and leftover food from the day before does not have to be any different. What leftover foods do you like to eat cold as opposed to reheating it? For me, the most obvious choice would be fried chicken. There is nothing like a cold piece of fried chicken pulled right out of the fridge on a hot summer day.
Rosyrain, you beat me to it. I was planning to start a thread asking who prefers to eat cold meat specifically. It hit me some time last week or earlier when I found myself picking at a piece of 'cold turkey'. It was quite good but I usually can only pick at cold meat: NEVER food on the whole. Many years ago a friend told me she actually enjoys cold meat much more than nice hot freshly prepared meat. At the time I found it weird but as the years progressed I heard more and more people say the same thing. In my case if the meal is not hot, I am not happy. Still I have no problem picking at a piece of cold meat: picking only.

Right now there is nothing I can think of that I PREFER cold.

Back
Top Bottom