Leg of lamb

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
11:48 PM
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

ive prolly mentioned before but I do a lot of swaps with food and other stuff. We recently got a whole lamb cut up ready for the freezer. We have a family day here (Sunday) so I'm cooking a leg of lamb. Slow cooking at 150 deg for about 5 hrs.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing it's New Zealand lamb?

Lol, just joking around. There's a thing here in the States about NZ lamb vs. American lamb; who's is better?

EVERYONE else's is better, lol.

I often say that American lamb is for people who don't really like lamb. It's so mild tasting that unless you're eating pure lamb fat, you might think it's some other banal meat.

I'm guessing it's New Zealand lamb?

Lol, just joking around. There's a thing here in the States about NZ lamb vs. American lamb; who's is better?

Ours is grass fed and mainly exported. My money's on ours. You guys do better beef though,lol

Russ

...and then there is Welsh lamb and salt marsh lamb from Kent.

I saw a programme on tv, I think it was rick that was in Wales and cooked the salt marsh lamb, I would love to try that. I never saw salt flats on my travels in Wales. I know it would be good with the salt going into the lamb.

Russ

You have to try nz lamb if you get the chance, I last saw some at Harrods when last in London. I thought it was reasonably priced.

Russ

I've had some grass fed and pasture finished beef and buffalo before that would make your toes curl.

Unfortunately, it also empties your wallet.

Kiwi lamb is by far the best. Hands down.

You know why they mark certain lambs with a big red X on their backs, dontcha?

Back
Top Bottom