Recipe Lemon Pepper and Dill Seasoned Salmon Filets

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:22 AM
Lemon Pepper Dill Seasoned Salmon Filets

This is a regular menu item in my house. I probably make these salmon filets 3 or more times a month. I usually pair them with a nice salad or serve them with wild rice and asparagus. Last night I paired them with salad.

I "broil" the filets in my air fryer, which gives them a lovely golden brown crust but keeps them moist and tender inside. They can be broiled, baked, grilled, or pan seared, whatever is preferred. Easy to make and delicious!

Ingredients:
2 large salmon filets (skin and bloodline removed), 12-16 ounces each (or 4 smaller filets)
1 tsp dill
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1 tbsp yellow mustard
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Preparation:
There are people who love crispy salmon skin and don't mind a fishy taste. I am not one of them. I always remove the skin and any brown flesh from my filets before preparing them. To each their own, right?

Combine the dill, lemon pepper, mustard, and olive oil in a shallow pan large enough to acommodate the filets side-by-side. Stir, and dredge the salmon on both sides. Cover the dish and keep refrigerated. Turn over after an hour and put back in the refrigerator until it's time to cook.

If you have an air fryer, cook them at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. In a regular oven I cook them for 10 minutes at 400 degrees and then a low broil for a few minutes to crisp up the top. Voila!

The salad I made has Boston lettuce, baby organic spinach, cucumber, diced carrot, radish, slivered tomato, and avocado. The avocado complements the flavor of the salmon especially well.

I always make enough to have salmon leftover for our morning bagels a few days each week. We previously used smoked salmon on our bagels. One day I just decided to put the leftover salmon on our morning bagels and found them to be so much better than the smoked salmon we previously used, so I quit buying smoked salmon, which is much more expensive anyway.

Bon appetit!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom