Let’s see your…drying dishes!

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
11:40 PM
Yes, in the quest to start the most banal topic ever, here’s a pic of my freshly-washed dishes air-drying:

D3FA62C2-E516-44C4-B670-A1531874454D.jpeg

We’ve seen your fridges, we’ve talked about your cooker, and your kitchen as a whole, so…show us your dishes drying on the counter!

Notice the vent on the side of this machine. A fan circulates heated air to dry the freshly-washed dishes during the dry cycle. There is no rinse agent dispenser, so I add a few drops through the water dispenser & into the water supply tank. But usually, the heated air is enough to get the dishes bone- dry without that. :whistling:
001.JPG

Last edited:
I couldn't get around to this today, I was too busy re-arranging my sock drawer. Maybe tomorrow.

CD
The secret to that is to always wear them in the same order, and after they’re laundered, put them in a specially-designated second drawer for socks. They stay sorted that way.

Seriously, I can’t be the only one who does this, right? Right?!

The secret to that is to always wear them in the same order, and after they’re laundered, put them in a specially-designated second drawer for socks. They stay sorted that way.

I have a specially designated drawer for socks...that's why they call it a sock drawer!

Where do you keep your left socks when the right one mysteriously disappears in the laundry?

I don't do that, but, in my 11 years living alone, I think I've only had mismatched socks three or four times. The "trick" is to always put them in the washing machine together, and hang each pair side by side. And of course, always wear socks that match!

Where do you keep your left socks when the right one mysteriously disappears in the laundry?
That almost never happens. As soon as I notice a missing sock, I check all the laundry I’ve done up to that point, and…there it is, hiding in the sleeve of a shirt or down a pant leg!

That almost never happens. As soon as I notice a missing sock, I check all the laundry I’ve done up to that point, and…there it is, hiding in the sleeve of a shirt or down a pant leg!
I've once had a sock that somehow got caught in the washing machine filter!

That was the only time I thought I had actually lost a sock. I was already close to putting the sock in the trash bin when I decided to clean the filter of the washing machine :laugh:

I thought that we were talking about dishes. How did we get to washers & dryers?!! Hah!!

Hard to believe, with dishes drying on the kitchen counter being such an exiting subject.

CD

Last edited:
As you can see... they air dry here as well.

16787867361663783258955226461673.jpg

(Yeah I know, he didn't rinse the bowl out properly! It's filthy. I'll wash it tomorrow when I'm cleaning the house... we've no electricity yet again...) I might even treat him to a new bowl if I can find one that's small enough to fit the sink. That one is only 11L. Anything bigger doesn't fit the sink, and that's the larger of the 2 sinks.
16787866917222215696758693264456.jpg

20230314_204058.jpg

One relatively clean kitchen until the morning when I have to start cooking at 7am to make hubby's birthday cake before I lose electricity for the day yet again.

Back
Top Bottom