Lidl vacuum sealer

I don't have this model but with the one I have you do need to make sure the bag is dry at the point where it is going to be sealed. Best thing to do is a few 'practice runs', I think.

Here is a link for those interested: Silvercrest Vacuum Sealer - at Lidl UK

I note it also has a system of tubes which you can use to vacuum air out of a box - does the box come with it? I'm curious as to what the purpose of the box is...

We don't have that brand here, but it looks just like a Foodsaver brand vacuum sealer.

The thing about wetness is that it can prevent a proper heat seal. The reservoir is not the problem. If I seal something moist, my Foodsaver has a setting for that, which heat seals for a longer time, but even that isn't always enough. I double seal when I am doing "wet" items.

Don't even think of sealing something like soup or a stew with a lot of gravy. You need a professional sealer for that, and they are very expensive.

MG, the tube is for accessories. The plastic box is good for tender veggies and stuff, or to marinade in a vacuum, which makes the marinade work faster. I also have adapters that fit on Mason Jars to vacuum seal jarred foods, like salsas, to last longer in the fridge.

CD

Excellent CD ... I think I'll stick to as dry as possible and yes, mine has a setting for a longer time for wetness, I just hope the machine won't be damaged if it pulls in a little moisture ... I have a fun day ahead !

My unit has a warning light when the drip tray is full. Check yours, it may have one, too.

CD

Back
Top Bottom