Lifestyle changes

My walk yesterday was significantly easier than the ones I did last week, walking every day has certainly helped. I feel myself improving every day, which is exactly what I wanted. Turns out a little effort goes a long way.

I also managed to stay off the sodass every day, it's been much easier than I thought. I don't actually miss it much, though with some dishes I miss the flavor a little but nothing that's not managable.

Otherwise, my energy level is extremely low. The psychologist who works with my GP says I have a burnout, which is not entirely unexpected after the past 7 years. So I'm taking it slow, because doing just the normal things I have to do and my daily walk leaves me completely drained. But there's still improvement, so I guess I should be proud of myself.
Good job on sticking with it!

I'm doing okay. I had only water and chicken broth yesterday. Today, I am making a big pot of cabbage soup and prepared some salads. I will use both to transition from the liquid fast to eating on Sunday.

Here's the recipe I used: Healing Cabbage Soup I used chicken broth instead of bouillon.

Sending you all good vibes!

You must have lost a lot of weight... I worry that you simply haven't been eating enough.

Reactions: mjd
I'm doing okay. I had only water and chicken broth yesterday. Today, I am making a big pot of cabbage soup and prepared some salads. I will use both to transition from the liquid fast to eating on Sunday.

Here's the recipe I used: Healing Cabbage Soup I used chicken broth instead of bouillon.

Sending you all good vibes!
Glad to hear you are getting better.

Are you getting nutritional drinks from your doctor when you're fasting?

You must have lost a lot of weight... I worry that you simply haven't been eating enough.
I don't own a scale (would be too obsessed with weighing myself) but I estimate I've lost about 10 lbs. The human body doesn't really need food as much as water so it adjusts after a few days. The longest I've ever done is 13.5 days and had great results. I'm cutting this one short because I want to add in regular exercise so will need protein in my diet.

Glad to hear you are getting better.

Are you getting nutritional drinks from your doctor when you're fasting?
My PCP is a traditionalist so I didn't talk to her about fasting. She wouldn't understand. I have protein drinks but I'm mostly drinking water and fresh extracted vegetable juices. I am also taking Emergen-C.

My PCP is a traditionalist so I didn't talk to her about fasting. She wouldn't understand. I have protein drinks but I'm mostly drinking water and fresh extracted vegetable juices. I am also taking Emergen-C.
That's what I meant yes, the protein drinks. When you have those you should be fine, nutrient wise.

I don't own a scale (would be too obsessed with weighing myself) but I estimate I've lost about 10 lbs. The human body doesn't really need food as much as water so it adjusts after a few days. The longest I've ever done is 13.5 days and had great results. I'm cutting this one short because I want to add in regular exercise so will need protein in my diet.

10 lbs is a lot of weight loss in a short time and you said (I think?) that you didn't need to lose weight. OK - maybe I'm just worrying....

10 lbs is a lot of weight loss in a short time and you said (I think?) that you didn't need to lose weight. OK - maybe I'm just worrying....
I gained 50 lbs. in the past year from taking a medication. I'm weaning off the medication. I am attempting to lose those 50lbs. (or some of it. I was underweight before) which I kickstarted with the detox fasting.

Don't worry. I've done several fasts in the past. I appreciate your concern though. :p:

That's why I asked about the protein drinks, those are meant to make sure you get all the nutrients you need and you won't starve. I had them when I was malnourished in the hospital.

It’s raining today and it’s supposed to rain all day, thus not chances to go out for strolls. I’ll do some exercise at home, pilates-based. I’ve just finished to drink my third glass of water, it’s a habit by now and I like it.

It's morning here. I hope to have some soup for lunch and then dinner. I was reading a blog about the cabbage soup diet which I'm going to try. I've always just done the soup but this looks appealing because I can add in some variety. I'm going to try it to see how it goes.

How is everyone doing?

Image80.png

Back
Top Bottom