Lifestyle changes

Doing okay. I didn't eat last night because of the tummy pain. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go to the GI if this doesn't get better. I've been holding off because of the second wave of COVID cases we've had. I might just go back to juice fasting until the pain goes away. Got my exercises in.

How is everyone doing?

Doing okay today. I was able to eat a little yesterday. My allergies are going crazy with the Spring weather changes. A guy comes by twice a week to cut the grass and I don't always remember to close my windows (they are open year round). I'm allergic to grass so that's no fun. It'll get better later in the season. I am staying up with my exercises and drinking water. Only woke up once last night.

How is everybody doing? Thinking of all of you and sending you hugs!

Doing okay today. I slept through the night (yeah!) and the pain has subsided a bit. I still have unrelenting nausea but it's a pain level I'm learning to tolerate. Got my exercises in and hope to up them today.

How is everybody doing?

You managed to sleep and that's already great. I'm glad to hear that as well as to know that you can tolerate your level of pain - although I'd actually be more pleased if you didn't have to go through it (as I imagine you would too).

Reactions: mjd
I made a discovery this week: cow's milk triggers my asthma symptoms. I have allergic asthma, and started doing some research on products that often trigger allergic reactions. I saw that cows milk or dairy often causes symptoms in Asthmatics, so I decided to try a few days without it.
Well, I have to say that's been interesting! I've been coughing and out of breath a lot less, so I will continue with this. It measn I can't eat anything made with cows milk, but that's OK. I can work around that with goats or sheeps cheese and vegan alternatives.
I also found out that one reason for my Asthma to trigger is stress, when we heard that my stepson was removed from the facility yesterday I instantly had a small Asthma attack.

Doing okay. I didn't eat last night because of the tummy pain. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go to the GI if this doesn't get better. I've been holding off because of the second wave of COVID cases we've had. I might just go back to juice fasting until the pain goes away. Got my exercises in.

How is everyone doing?
Are you going to see your GI? This is starting to sound serious. I hope you'll get the right kind of help. Hang in there, you'll get through it :hug:

Reactions: mjd
You managed to sleep and that's already great. I'm glad to hear that as well as to know that you can tolerate your level of pain - although I'd actually be more pleased if you didn't have to go through it (as I imagine you would too).
Thanks, dear. Yes, I would like to not have the pain but it is what it is. I gave birth twice without any drugs or interventions and I've had broken bones (abusive family) so I'm not a wimp about pain. It's just really exhausting. Thanks for listening. :hug:

I am not in the right mood for any kind of exercise or anything else at the moment. April is a strange month for me, it brings back memories that I don't want to remember but I can't stop it. I'm going to gloss over it for a while.
I am so sorry you are going through this. I'm going through it too. My ex kidnapped our children right around Easter (2017) so this time of year always brings up the nightmares. People tend to think it's just a matter of "not thinking about it" but that's not how triggers work. Traumatic events get stamped on the psyche and can pop up without any effort to think about them.

I sincerely wish I could take away your pain for you. I would do it in a heartbeat if I could. You are not alone. Safe and gentle hugs. :hug:

I made a discovery this week: cow's milk triggers my asthma symptoms. I have allergic asthma, and started doing some research on products that often trigger allergic reactions. I saw that cows milk or dairy often causes symptoms in Asthmatics, so I decided to try a few days without it.
Well, I have to say that's been interesting! I've been coughing and out of breath a lot less, so I will continue with this. It measn I can't eat anything made with cows milk, but that's OK. I can work around that with goats or sheeps cheese and vegan alternatives.
I also found out that one reason for my Asthma to trigger is stress, when we heard that my stepson was removed from the facility yesterday I instantly had a small Asthma attack.
This is because milk produces mucous. I, too, figured this out around the time I was diagnosed with asthma. At the time, I was doing a fast and as my body cleansed I was releasing tons of mucous. The congestion and chest compression came back when I started drinking milk again so I tested it again (with an elimination fast) and connected the dots. Today, I drink milk about 4-5 times per year and never more than a half glass or so just to prevent this problem.

And, stress is definitely a cause for exacerbating asthma symptoms. I have an extremely abusive family and almost always had more asthma attacks when I was around them. The body unconsciously goes through the "fight or flight" during stressful moments which causes shallow breathing and leads to an asthma attack.

I hope things work out with your stepson's placement. Did he come back home or move to another facility?

Are you going to see your GI? This is starting to sound serious. I hope you'll get the right kind of help. Hang in there, you'll get through it :hug:
I will see the GI eventually. There isn't anything they can do to help. I've been going through this to some degree for 7.5 years now. It's actually milder than it was. I had a feeding tube at one point because I couldn't hold anything down. I now have scar tissue around the area where the tube was clamped inside my stomach. I take several medications but they don't always help especially during acute attacks. I'll survive (apparently it's hard to do me in given all the stuff I've gone through. LOL). Thanks for caring. :hug:

I'm okay. I had another flare-up yesterday after lunch. I was in tears at one point. My caregiver was here so she helped me. I am going to juice fast for a few days to give my body a chance to rest a bit. I didn't get to do all my exercises but got some in. I won't give up. I've survived worse and will not let this defeat me. It helps to have all of you in my corner. :highfive:

How is everybody doing today?

Back
Top Bottom