Lifestyle changes

My stepson is currently being collected from the facility he is in to be brought to his 81 year old grandmother. My husband is picking him up.

His grandmother demands that she wants to do this no matter the cost, and as we still have no other option we had to allow her to make this choice. We've told her exactly what she can expect in very clear terms, but she insists on it.
We do it so we can keep fighting this fight because this was getting too exhausting to keep up.

We're getting ready to fight another day and can take some rest once my stepson has settled.

Doing okay. I did a few exercises and had dinner. Our temps are still cool so it was another restless night. I have an electric blanket on the bed and an electric throw on my recliner chair. The warmth helps.

I've started working on a recipe book to organize all the stuff I have saved over the years. I don't have any of my hard copy books so I'm trying to rebuild it from various sites where I've saved recipes. I miss cooking for my kids. I think they will like having all their favorite recipes in one place.

How is everybody doing today?

I've done the same after my daughter nagging me to do hard copies of stuff that's in my head. I did two copies, one for her and one for me, or son if he gets the cooking bug??

Russ

My stepson is currently being collected from the facility he is in to be brought to his 81 year old grandmother.

Oh my! I don't know anything about his grandmother but I would have thought this is going to be a disaster however strong she is. Of course, you are doing the right thing in at least giving it a chance. It will work in your favour if there is a court case.

Stay strong - I'm really impressed by your clarity and determination.

Oh my! I don't know anything about his grandmother but I would have thought this is going to be a disaster however strong she is. Of course, you are doing the right thing in at least giving it a chance. It will work in your favour if there is a court case.

Stay strong - I'm really impressed by your clarity and determination.
Well we have no choice to be honest, my husband's brother said he would pick up my stepson and bring him to my MIL if we didn't do it. So we didn't even have time to prepare, as my brother in law made the decision for us with his mother.

Thanks for mentioning the court case, you're right about that! I didn't think of that yet. Thank you for giving me these encouraging words :hug:

I've done the same after my daughter nagging me to do hard copies of stuff that's in my head. I did two copies, one for her and one for me, or son if he gets the cooking bug??

Russ
I remember you mentioning that before. How are you doing it? I mean do you type everything out or write it out for her? I'm making my using graphic design so it will look more like a photo album/scrapbook kind of thing. I'm amazed at how many recipes I've saved at various websites through the years. It's a monstrous task. I'm glad to have them as my ex got rid of all my property. It's been so helpful to be able to piece together from the things I've saved online.

My stepson is currently being collected from the facility he is in to be brought to his 81 year old grandmother. My husband is picking him up.

His grandmother demands that she wants to do this no matter the cost, and as we still have no other option we had to allow her to make this choice. We've told her exactly what she can expect in very clear terms, but she insists on it.
We do it so we can keep fighting this fight because this was getting too exhausting to keep up.

We're getting ready to fight another day and can take some rest once my stepson has settled.
Is she his maternal or paternal grandmother? I've known a couple of neighbors who've taken custody of their grandkids. Grandmas are amazing. I hope this works out for him and I'm sure the reprieve helps you both regroup and keep fighting on his behalf.

Hanging in there. I didn't try to eat but had a protein shake last night. Our crazy weather is cool again so the allergies are playing nice but the arthritis isn't. What in the world?!?!?! And, the craziest part is my care-giver's two other clients are both 30 years older than me. How embarrassing! LOL

How is everybody doing?

I remember you mentioning that before. How are you doing it? I mean do you type everything out or write it out for her? I'm making my using graphic design so it will look more like a photo album/scrapbook kind of thing. I'm amazed at how many recipes I've saved at various websites through the years. It's a monstrous task. I'm glad to have them as my ex got rid of all my property. It's been so helpful to be able to piece together from the things I've saved online.

I e mailed my rough versions to my wife, she tidied them up and printed them off. Then I put them in a ring binder.

Russ

Doing okay. I'm anemic and can't handle iron tablets. I've been craving cheeseburgers which is a clear sign my numbers are low as they are not my first choice. I had a kid's size cheeseburger. It didn't like me at all. LOL It's a bit frustrating when my body doesn't want to do what I want it to do. I am working on acceptance.

How is everybody doing?

Doing okay. I'm anemic and can't handle iron tablets. I've been craving cheeseburgers which is a clear sign my numbers are low as they are not my first choice. I had a kid's size cheeseburger. It didn't like me at all. LOL It's a bit frustrating when my body doesn't want to do what I want it to do. I am working on acceptance.

How is everybody doing?
I am sorry you're struggling so much dear, and sorry for my lack of communication :hug: did you see the GI yet?

I'm OK, the stress has died down since thursday. I wasn't able to excercise for a few days due to complete exhaustion, but I am back on track and had a nice walk with my husband today.

I am sorry you're struggling so much dear, and sorry for my lack of communication :hug: did you see the GI yet?

I'm OK, the stress has died down since thursday. I wasn't able to excercise for a few days due to complete exhaustion, but I am back on track and had a nice walk with my husband today.
No worries. I know your plate is full. I have an appointment but it will be about a month. They are the only GI in our area so everybody goes there.

I'm glad your stress is dying down. It sounds nice that you had your walk with your husband. ;-) :p:

Doing okay. I rested most of yesterday and feel a bit better today. I'm going to just take it easy again today. My insurance company started a program for us to get medications via delivery so I enrolled in that. I really don't care for Walgreen's or WalMart's pharmacies. I used to get them mail ordered but that pharmacy went out of business so I was stuck. I'm not sure if this program is only during COVID until everyone gets the vax. I'll have to ask my case manager about that.

How is everybody doing?

My insurance company started a program for us to get medications via delivery so I enrolled in that.
CVS started doing that when the pandemic started, and free, too, no postage charge.

Now that we're kinda/sorta getting back to normal, I'll most likely go in and pick them up again. It may sound shameless, but the pharmacy is completely staffed with women aged about 22-52, and they're every last one of them cute as a bug, and they all know me and I know them, so every time I go in there, it's like Norm walking into Cheers - "Hi Tasty! How's it goin' today, hon?"

I miss that! :laugh:

CVS started doing that when the pandemic started, and free, too, no postage charge.

Now that we're kinda/sorta getting back to normal, I'll most likely go in and pick them up again. It may sound shameless, but the pharmacy is completely staffed with women aged about 22-52, and they're every last one of them cute as a bug, and they all know me and I know them, so every time I go in there, it's like Norm walking into Cheers - "Hi Tasty! How's it goin' today, hon?"

I miss that! :laugh:
You know, TastyReuben, I'm starting to get the impression that you love ALL women. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom