Lifestyle changes

Doing okay. I slept for five hours last night. It's been rainy here lately. I am hoping to do my exercises today while the pain is tolerable. I keep reminding myself to pace myself.

How is everyone doing?
Glad you're feeling a little better! I was getting seriously concerned.

I managed around 4500 steps again today, which is good because last week wasn't very great. Finally had a restful sunday.

My stepson's mother has let us know she plans to only visit her son when it suits her, and she expects ME to cook all his meals. I expected she would do that, and as I want to protect my MIL I will do it. But it's just bizarre to me that she gets to have a mothers day visit to be pampered today while she does nothing for her kids, and my husband and I do the bulk of the work yet the only mothersday card I got was from mjd !

Thanks mjd for thinking of me :hug:

Look, mother's day is totally unimportant to me. But it's strange how society in general gives step parents all regular duties a parent has, yet seldom gives them any praise. And my husband does enough to give me praise and love, so I won't complain to anyone IRL. But it's just strange to me to see how my inlaws dote on my husbands ex who does nothing, and all me and my husband get is work and complaints.

Glad you're feeling a little better! I was getting seriously concerned.

I managed around 4500 steps again today, which is good because last week wasn't very great. Finally had a restful sunday.

My stepson's mother has let us know she plans to only visit her son when it suits her, and she expects ME to cook all his meals. I expected she would do that, and as I want to protect my MIL I will do it. But it's just bizarre to me that she gets to have a mothers day visit to be pampered today while she does nothing for her kids, and my husband and I do the bulk of the work yet the only mothersday card I got was from mjd !

Thanks mjd for thinking of me :hug:

Look, mother's day is totally unimportant to me. But it's strange how society in general gives step parents all regular duties a parent has, yet seldom gives them any praise. And my husband does enough to give me praise and love, so I won't complain to anyone IRL. But it's just strange to me to see how my inlaws dote on my husbands ex who does nothing, and all me and my husband get is work and complaints.
You're welcome, dear heart.

I'm sorry his mother is being a whackadoodle. We are so outnumbered by them. LOL

If it's any consolation, my ex would "subtract" my time if he had to do any parenting duties when he had the kids. For example, let's say a school event fell on a Wednesday (when he got them for dinner) or a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, he would attend but then demand to see them during my scheduled time. He would refuse to take them to doctors and dentist appointments too. It was totally lopsided because that meant I got all the school, homework, doctor days but never any "free time" to spend with them. To make it even worse, he never gave them a sleep schedule so I had to spend the first part of every week trying to wrestle them out of bed for school to readjust their sleep schedules. And, he didn't get every OTHER weekend. He got ALL weekends.

So, please know that you are NOT alone. I may not be there by your side but I shrunk myself down and I'm hanging out in your handbag to cheer you on all the way from the US!!! ;-)

Happy Mother's Day (to us REAL moms that do the heavy lifting!).

You're welcome, dear heart.

I'm sorry his mother is being a whackadoodle. We are so outnumbered by them. LOL

If it's any consolation, my ex would "subtract" my time if he had to do any parenting duties when he had the kids. For example, let's say a school event fell on a Wednesday (when he got them for dinner) or a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, he would attend but then demand to see them during my scheduled time. He would refuse to take them to doctors and dentist appointments too. It was totally lopsided because that meant I got all the school, homework, doctor days but never any "free time" to spend with them. To make it even worse, he never gave them a sleep schedule so I had to spend the first part of every week trying to wrestle them out of bed for school to readjust their sleep schedules. And, he didn't get every OTHER weekend. He got ALL weekends.

So, please know that you are NOT alone. I may not be there by your side but I shrunk myself down and I'm hanging out in your handbag to cheer you on all the way from the US!!! ;-)

Happy Mother's Day (to us REAL moms that do the heavy lifting!).
What you went through sounds a lot like what my husband goes through, it's so unfair :hug:

Thank you for all your supportive messages!

Maybe this is not the right place but I just want to say a big THANK YOU to my special friends here who keep supporting me discretely but with such a huge affection and care. My lifestyle has recently changed brutally and is still changing, however with no drama I keep going ahead knowing that things will adjust. When I get your PMs or WApp, my heart is full of joy and strength. And smiles. You are special ladies. Who knows if someday we’ll have the chance to meet us in real life, I often think about this. For the moment, I enjoy your love, support and friendship like this, they are all real.

Back to a lifestyle change, things look a bit calmer this morning so I’m going to have a cappuccino at a bar, then a short walk. I might try to have a run later in the afternoon.

Maybe this is not the right place but I just want to say a big THANK YOU to my special friends here who keep supporting me discretely but with such a huge affection and care. My lifestyle has recently changed brutally and is still changing, however with no drama I keep going ahead knowing that things will adjust. When I get your PMs or WApp, my heart is full of joy and strength. And smiles. You are special ladies. Who knows if someday we’ll have the chance to meet us in real life, I often think about this. For the moment, I enjoy your love, support and friendship like this, they are all real.

Back to a lifestyle change, things look a bit calmer this morning so I’m going to have a cappuccino at a bar, then a short walk. I might try to have a run later in the afternoon.
I am glad you have the support you need and am honored to be a part of that for you. ;-)

Lyrics

And I never thought I'd feel this way
And as far as I'm concerned
I'm glad I got the chance to say
That I do believe, I love you

And if I should ever go away
Well, then close your eyes and try
To feel the way we do today
And then if you can remember

Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more

Well, you came in loving me
And now there's so much more I see
And so by the way
I thank you

Oh and then for the times when we're apart
Well, then close your eyes and know
The words are coming from my heart

Keep smiling and keep shining
That's what friends…

Source: LyricFind

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTpu6BmE88

I am glad you have the support you need and am honored to be a part of that for you. ;-)

Lyrics

And I never thought I'd feel this way
And as far as I'm concerned
I'm glad I got the chance to say
That I do believe, I love you

And if I should ever go away
Well, then close your eyes and try
To feel the way we do today

Keep smiling, keep shining
For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more

Well, you came in loving me
And now there's so much more I see
And so by the way
I thank you

Oh and then for the times when we're apart
Well, then close your eyes and know
The words are coming from my heart

Keep smiling and keep shining
That's what friends…

Source: LyricFind

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTpu6BmE88

Oh this is so moving, thank you from the bottom of my heart ❤️
Of course, you are part of this, definitely 🌸
I hope to be a part of that for you too, even if just a bit. Little by little I’ll be more present, but my thoughts are with you anyway 🤗

I learned a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggggggg time ago that life isn't fair.
In all seriousness, when my parents have left this world and I think back on them, the thing I'll be most grateful for is that they taught all us kids this lesson, from Day One:

"You're not special, and life ain't fair, and you better get used to that."

OMG! This thread is so useful. I think it has real value since we can help each other through telling our experiences.

I have just gone through most of the messages and I feel reflected in many of them. In the past I had weight management issues even though I was very active. I used to walk and sport a lot in rather equal terms. However, it was like doing nothing due to my eating excesses (in the broadest sense of the word). So instead of being fit and athletic I was always in that thin boundary between overweight and obese. My BMI back on my early 20's sat around 30, dramatically peaking up to 33 in the most critical days. Add to this a whole maternal family background of obesity and you would have eventually the perfect storm.

Like many, I introduced small changes to reverse what I was doing wrong - many things, believe me! But without hesitation the most significant happened to be my moving to the UK. I lost 10 kg in the first three months! Joys of working in hospitality over Christmas period, I believe...

Overcoming this adversity produces such happiness only compared with watching your football/soccer team scoring a winner in the 90th minute.

In all seriousness, when my parents have left this world and I think back on them, the thing I'll be most grateful for is that they taught all us kids this lesson, from Day One:

Well, I got the "You're not special" part beaten into my brain almost every day. LOL

OMG! This thread is so useful. I think it has real value since we can help each other through telling our experiences.

I have just gone through most of the messages and I feel reflected in many of them. In the past I had weight management issues even though I was very active. I used to walk and sport a lot in rather equal terms. However, it was like doing nothing due to my eating excesses (in the broadest sense of the word). So instead of being fit and athletic I was always in that thin boundary between overweight and obese. My BMI back on my early 20's sat around 30, dramatically peaking up to 33 in the most critical days. Add to this a whole maternal family background of obesity and you would have eventually the perfect storm.

Like many, I introduced small changes to reverse what I was doing wrong - many things, believe me! But without hesitation the most significant happened to be my moving to the UK. I lost 10 kg in the first three months! Joys of working in hospitality over Christmas period, I believe...

Overcoming this adversity produces such happiness only compared with watching your football/soccer team scoring a winner in the 90th minute.
Hi there! Welcome to the thread!!!! I'm glad you found some things helpful here.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things at your own pace. I strongly believe in that which is why I didn't want this to be about a specific diet or "system" or "mail order foods" kind of thing. My vision was for us to just start with where we were and set our goals, however small or big, and encourage one another.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that you will never meet a better bunch of people. I am relatively new (just stumbled in here around early Fall) and everyone was so kind and embracing. There are days when I feel like roadkill and all I have to do is think about my friends here and can muster the energy to keep trying. It's true!

I look forward to your updates. Keep smiling!

I never got any of that, rarely even I was told off, worse was a threat wait til your grandfather finds out. Nothing happened, it may have been my happy disposition .

Russ

Well, I got the "You're not special" part beaten into my brain almost every day. LOL
That's how it was with us. I remember seeing TV shows or reading books with parents who would tell their kids something like, "We work hard because we want you to have it better than we did. We want you to have more."

I'd think how strange that sounded, because whenever we wanted anything, or go anywhere, or do just about anything other than work, Dad would say, "I never had that, so I don't reckon you need it either!" :laugh:

• Lol or Haha
Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom